Repairing a squashed pair of MDR-SA5000s
Mar 31, 2005 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

dcguy73

Formerly known as dc_guy
Or, how many zillion little parts make up a headband? I've been on the phone with Sony Replacement Parts several times now, and received a fax of the schematics for the SA1000s, 3000s, and 5000s parts. They're so new that Sony doesn't even have pricing for the parts yet.
600smile.gif

It looks like the headband/side assemblies (is that a word?) of the 5000s are composed of 12 parts. It's not all one piece. It looks like the replacement parts for the 1000 and the 3000 are mostly interchangable, while the 5000s has its own sheet.

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to assemble. I have a hard enough time putting together IKEA furniture as it is...

More to come after I get pricing and such...

Be warned, don't sit on yours!!!
icon10.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 14
you SAT on your SA5000's?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

rolleyes.gif
unbelievable
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 14
Wow, you managed to not notice them when you were sitting down? Aren't the SA5ks huge? But I applaud your courage in admitting what happened to them instead of making up some convoluted story. But then again, this could be your coverup story for what really happened.
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 14
Hey, I can admit I screwed up. I sat on the holy grail of affordable high-end headphones. I'll hold off on the pics until I get to the reconstruction stage. Right now they're too painful to look at.
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_guy
Hey, I can admit I screwed up. I sat on the holy grail of affordable high-end headphones. I'll hold off on the pics until I get to the reconstruction stage. Right now they're too painful to look at.
biggrin.gif

Thats kind of the point
wink.gif

It will serve as a useful reminder to others why NOT to sit on their 'phones
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_guy
biggrin.gif

Hmm well at least they weren't HE90's, of course those might have survived a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back