Repairing Grado MS-Pros
Jul 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

karlbright

New Head-Fier
I have had my Alessandro Grado MS-Pros for approximately 2 years now and recently ran into a problem.

It seems that the cable had been yanked or caught on something at some stage and the soldering within my left earpiece has come slightly loose, resulting in sound cutting in and out.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of anyone repairing these headphones and looking for suggestions on what I should do.

The earpiece is glued and I fear that any attempt at trying to remove the glue could result in more damage.

Any help would be appreciated. Help me head-fi wan kenobi, you're my only hope.

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 4
Check out the grado mods thread... if it's the same glued plastic cups as the grado models as they appear (and same as the MS1's I've opened and looked at before) it's really easy to open it up.  Just get a hairdryer or something and warm the cups a bit to soften the glue and you can just pull the cups apart and get to the wires to resolder them into place.

Jul 5, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #4 of 4
You can contact Grado and they will repair them, if they are out of warranty a small fee (of like $40) will cover any repair even if a driver needs replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back