Replace cables for Shure SE 535 and IE 80
Apr 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Stanley007

New Head-Fier
Shure se 535
It is one of the top class stage monitoring earbud for amateurs. It has many credits for excellent voice but also many critics for its think and super long cable. Definitely, the cable is hand made with very good material but it is way to inconvenient to carry. So many users look for replacement cables. There are some options in the market, which can be easily found in ebay and other website. Usually those cables are from Taiwai, Hongkong and Germany but way to expensive, most of them are priced from 150--299 bucks. After a long time searching, I found a cheap and easy way to get a cable with acceptable sound quality. You can get a logictech UE 900 cable to replace the original Shure cable. You will find two options in the UE 900 website, one is black and about 15 bucks, another one, with a volume control for apple products, is blue and about 25 bucks. I use the black one for a while. My feeling is there is no significant change in UE cable. The difference is I feel the sound is more rich than that using original cable. The website link is as below:

http://buy.logitech.com/store/logib2c/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryid.60213000?resid=USCOJAoBAlcAAHDBYbkAAAAD&rests=1365792787643

Sennheiser IE 80
This earbud is their flagship product and famous for super rich bass. The cable looks normal and ok to use. But I don't know if you have noticed that the cable used in IE 80 is totally different than cables used in Ie 8 and Ie 8i, which are way too better. The IE 80 cable is made with cheap material, which will get stiff in winter. I just had this experience in Chicago winter. So I looked for another a replacement cable. The Sennheiser official website provides replacement cables for Ie 8 and Ie 8i and you can definitely use them. I emailed to their customer service complaining about bad experience of IE 80 cable. They just sent me a Ie 8i cable for free, which has a volume control for apple products. I feel so comfortable to use Ie 80 with a Ie8i cable. I highly recommend to get this cable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back