Replacement gym headphones.
Sep 13, 2007 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

MfiveM

Member of the Trade: SoundEarphones.com
I have been using the B&O A8 headphone and my iPod shuffle at the gym and for some reason I can not find where I placed it…so now I am looking for a pair of replacement headphones and thinking about the new Nano.

I was planning on getting up SE530 to be a back up pair to my UE-11’s but would the SE530 be good for the gym as well? I have never used IEM’s in the gym before. I wouldn’t be running with the headphone in, just cardio and weights. How weird would it be or will I be fine?

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use my UE11's at the gym and also run with them.

You run with IEM's? Can't you hear yourself running in super amplified mode? That would be too distracting for me.

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 23
The gym I frequent has had a few locker break-ins lately, so I don't know that I would get anything terribly expensive for gym use myself. Maybe I'm just paranoid like that.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #6 of 23
I use marshmallows at the gym. They are fine for me because I dont focus on the sound quality to a high extent there. I could only think the se530s be better because they go behind you ear. They only real problem is if you sweat, the iems come loose (for me at least) and they can get pretty grimy, IMO.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 23
I use HE90 when I workout.

Sep 14, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipacmm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been using the B&O A8 headphone and my iPod shuffle at the gym and for some reason I can not find where I placed it…so now I am looking for a pair of replacement headphones and thinking about the new Nano.

I was planning on getting up SE530 to be a back up pair to my UE-11’s but would the SE530 be good for the gym as well? I have never used IEM’s in the gym before. I wouldn’t be running with the headphone in, just cardio and weights. How weird would it be or will I be fine?

I didn't think IEM would be good, but I now use my E2C at the gym, works well, it does get a little sweaty after a while. See this pic and replace the E500 when at the gym. :)

Sep 14, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you use the amp as weights? or just excercise your neck.

Its like the ultimate bling-bling!!!
cool.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use marshmallows at the gym. They are fine for me because I dont focus on the sound quality to a high extent there. I could only think the se530s be better because they go behind you ear. They only real problem is if you sweat, the iems come loose (for me at least) and they can get pretty grimy, IMO.

What I do.

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #12 of 23
That is good to know people don't mind working out with IEM's. That was my biggest concern.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkshiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See this pic and replace the E500 when at the gym. :)

Nice pic. How do you like the new Nano? I am planning on using my iphone credit to pick it up.

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #13 of 23
I hated the new Nano when I first saw the pictures of it. Then my Dad bought an 80 gig iPod Classic so I decided to check out the new Nano to see if the wonderful menu was the same. It has the same menu and it is great! Seeing pictures of the Nano did not do it justice. I now want one, but will have to scrape the money together first.

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #14 of 23
I used to work out at the gym with my E500PTH's but after 3 weeks they stopped working and it was due to the sweat dripping into the nozzle. If you really need some music for the gym I suggest that you look for a cheaper alternative because theres nothing worse than finding out your $400 headphones are full of sweat and that it'll take two weeks until you can get a new pair from shure...

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelHunter88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to work out at the gym with my E500PTH's but after 3 weeks they stopped working and it was due to the sweat dripping into the nozzle. If you really need some music for the gym I suggest that you look for a cheaper alternative because theres nothing worse than finding out your $400 headphones are full of sweat and that it'll take two weeks until you can get a new pair from shure...

I've heard of earpuds shorting out due to sweat. I was at Walmart earlier this week and I swear I saw some earbuds for just over a dollar. I was tempted buy them to just see how they sounded. At that price you could short out quit a few!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back