Replacement/Upgrade for front panel audio jacks
Apr 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

skillfulperson

New Head-Fier
Hey, first time creating a thread and was wondering if someone could give me some information. 

i am currently the owner of some HD558's with a labtec mic glued to them (advice also taken from Head-Fi, Good headphones + Mic> dedicated headset), for the purpose of using them as a headset and to listen to music at night. i usually plug these to into my front panel audio jacks on my computer, but recently my front panel audio jacks have started to play up and unplug randomly unless the jack of my headphones is pushed in at a certain angle. i was wondering if there was a suitable alternative to front panel audio, i was considering a DAC such as the FiiO D5, as it would also provide as an amp for my HD558s but the reviews on amazon were mixed. i was also considering getting the USB version of Sound blaster X-FI, as it would also provide easy physical volume control, ive not looked into how much benefit to sound quality i would get from this though. additionally i also looked into Getting the Asus STX internal soundcard and getting an astro mixamp for a kinda overkill set up, but i wasnt sure how nicely it would play with the speakers(soundsticks II) that i plug into the back of my computer(currently plugged into motherboard audio) as i like to be easily be able to switch between headphones and speakers.

so i was wondering if i could get some guidance on how to improve my overall set up and resolve my problem, and perhaps suggest some other products. money isnt too much of a problem as id end up saving for anything i want to buy anyway, as id rather save and wait for something better than cheap stuff. i listen to a pretty side variety of music from Heavy metal to trance music, if that matters much when deciding. 

I hope you can help :) and i hope i havnt waffelled too much xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back