Replacing black foam on DT-880 / 990
Apr 11, 2011 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Vkamicht

100+ Head-Fier
So my replacement ear pads came in today. They came with 2 pieces of replacement black foam that goes under the ear pads, along with instructions on how to replace it. Except they are very basic and the pictures don't help very much at all. I can't figure out how to get the "ring" thats locking the black foam pads into place, out of the cup. The instructions say to use a "flat, dull knife" but anything thin enough to get in there just isn't strong enough to do anything. Or am I supposed to approach it from the center of the cup, basically going in between the ring and the foam, not the ring and the cup? That seems like how I'm supposed to do it but it feels very tight and I'm afraid of destroying something in the process. Anyone who replaced theirs have any advice?

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 2
Well, I solved that, it was precisely what I was afraid to do - but they both popped right out and let me replace the foam.

However now trying to get the new ear pads on... they seem too small! I'm having a heck of a time getting them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back