Replacing senn 650 cable without plug!!!
Jan 21, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 13
Babelfish, anyone?

Just hard to make that kind of committment.

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 13
Poor wires to the 650.
frown.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 13
Holy flippin' crap.

Why would someone want to solder such a garbage wire onto those?

My only guess is that they wanted the in-line volume control - is that what that is?

Man! That's like... taking off the 17" magnesium rims that come on a sports car, and putting 13" steel rims with those chrome-plated plastic hubcaps that keep spinning on instead.

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #9 of 13
Imo one of the biggest advantage of senn plugs is being able to swap cables easily. Although direct connect would give best transfer, but this one is just too aaaarRRrggggh .... to put it mildly.
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 9:38 AM Post #11 of 13
I was actually going to to this to mine, if I had of had some cable it would be done!

I don't see it as a really bad thing to do. When was the last time you need to unplug your headphones from their cables? Also if you have $200-400 headphones you tend to treat them with some care, so cable tugging issues shouldn't be a problem.

Quite why he has used that awful cable though I don't know..

Jan 21, 2005 at 9:44 AM Post #12 of 13
If you don't use the loop of plastic that goes around the bottom of each cup, you have access to four nice holes to run a knotted or beaded cable through. No problem with pulling out the wires. I wonder if they're cosmetic or have some influence on resonance or something.

Jan 21, 2005 at 12:54 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magsy
Also if you have $200-400 headphones you tend to treat them with some care, so cable tugging issues shouldn't be a problem.

Well, there's this little thing called 'accident'.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magsy
Quite why he has used that awful cable though I don't know..

That was what the aaarrRRgghhh for ... I wouldn't really mind had he soldered stock cable straight to the posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back