Report: Thread Notification Emails
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #16 of 51
Unchecking the "and receive email notifications" under Content Options will apply that change to all future activity on the forums, but it does not retroactively change any previous notification settings. If you would like to stop receiving all email notifications, you can do so from your watched threads list. Clicking "Manage Subscribed Threads" on the right hand side and selecting the "Disable email notification" option will allow you to disable all notifications.
Great, Thank you for your help.

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #18 of 51
What made Head-Fi so useful was seeing whole posts in Outlook. I use Hotmail/Outlook and subscribe to quite a few threads. Seeing truncated posts in my Hotmail has rendered Head-Fi almost unusable to me. Especially for those who are working in tech jobs and having such a small period of time to view and respond to what they fancy...... needs to be easy. Now it is the opposite of easy. I think this problem is affecting hundreds of Head-Fiers. Please make the whole post show up in our emails.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #19 of 51
What made Head-Fi so useful was seeing whole posts in Outlook. I use Hotmail/Outlook and subscribe to quite a few threads. Seeing truncated posts in my Hotmail has rendered Head-Fi almost unusable to me. Especially for those who are working in tech jobs and having such a small period of time to view and respond to what they fancy...... needs to be easy. Now it is the opposite of easy. I think this problem is affecting hundreds of Head-Fiers. Please make the whole post show up in our emails.

Yes to this. Also, while I was receiving the new truncated emails for watched threads after the site redesign, as of very recently, all emails have stopped coming to me, despite me not changing any of my user settings. Is this a site malfunction, or by design?

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #20 of 51
Seems that Head-Fi is still not as usable as before. This is down to the way posts are now displayed on emails. Just a truncated headline rather than the bulk of the post. Surely it can't be left this way. Admin will this be reassessed?

Feb 7, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #22 of 51
Dear Admin

I feel a bit sad. I hope that admin are not too proud to listen to all of us members who are sincerely trying to help. Admin you must know by now that something you have done has affected the number of posts big time. If I am wrong tell me. On this thread we have suggested the reason. In this modern era of the 'plastic brain' we must open to changing what we do, because of misunderstanding or in ignorance (not knowing). We do life blind and if we do the odd thing wrong we can go back. Some changes are good.....but some mistaken.

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #23 of 51
I definitely agree with all said up here. The new look in the main is absolutely horrifying and unusable. It's a very unpleasant experience but so far we haven't heard back from nobody whether there will be any changes made, or whether our feedback is being taken in.

I noticed that the new "updated" version of the site follows the exact same system and look as Tom's Guide, I am pretty sure that other popular forums also made a change to the new system and look, however I know that things such as the mail notifications, and text editor have been downgraded instead of upgraded.

I hope we hear back from somebody who is representing Head-Fi and I hope we can know whether our feedback will even be considered or not.

I personally enjoyed the old version way more (the same thing for Tom's Guide, after the update I stepped away from it.. I wasn't the only one to do that), however I understand that systems need to be updated and that you need to keep up with the modern world. However some things are affecting us negatively.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #24 of 51
Unchecking the "and receive email notifications" under Content Options will apply that change to all future activity on the forums, but it does not retroactively change any previous notification settings. If you would like to stop receiving all email notifications, you can do so from your watched threads list. Clicking "Manage Subscribed Threads" on the right hand side and selecting the "Disable email notification" option will allow you to disable all notifications.
I just found this after trying the settings, and had no luck (this is an annoyance in itself, not being in the settings). This should be in the main settings. It's way not obvious and there is no reason it should be hidden like that. I don't see these feature as anything useful at all. I don't need an email for every posting. All it does is cause email clump. When I found out I was getting bombarded with emails, I had to clean up all the emails. It's very much an annoyance than useful.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #26 of 51
Could we please get an official response addressing the issue of the horrible message truncation in the new email notifications.

Is this something that will be changed back to the useful format they used to have, or just "tough crap, deal with it"?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #27 of 51
I have suddenly stopped getting email notifications of posts in my watched threads. Previously it worked correctly, and I made no changes to my settings. These threads are still indicated "watched".

In more detail:

On the Watched Threads page, selecting some threads for "Email" with "Enable Email Notification", then "Go" has no effect. The Watched Threads page shows no threads checked off for email notification. It appears that this function has been disabled by admin, with the result no watched thread post notification emails.

Any suggestions to correct this problem?

Oh well - it looks like head-fi is broken. Its usefulness is severely compromised by not doing email notifications.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #28 of 51
Im having a different experience. Im not getting emails to most of my subscribed threads. I have unfollowed threads,re-followed threads and checked email notification,but emails arent coming. Thoughts?

Feb 19, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #29 of 51
Im having a different experience. Im not getting emails to most of my subscribed threads. I have unfollowed threads,re-followed threads and checked email notification,but emails arent coming. Thoughts?

I'm having essentially the same problem. It seems that the ship Head-Fi is drifting onto the rocks with no one in the pilot house.

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #30 of 51
It's quite sad that there is no response to these posts. I would have thought head-fi would have been 'caring' about their users concerns. It would be kind for you at admin/owners to respond to our sincere concerns as we want the best for the site....just as you do. This has become a community and we deserve updating about our issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back