Request for earphones suggestions to use Hi-Fi Quad DAC in LG g8X
Apr 20, 2023 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Shriram

New Head-Fier
Greetings to all members,

Thank you for your time. I have query regarding earphones for using with Hi-fi Quad DAC. I have LG g8x phone and used LG earphones which came with phone (Now the left side earphone not working)

I am planning to buy a Earphone for using with Hi-fi Quad DAC in my phone and appreciate your thoughts & suggestions. (I am based in Singapore and Budget I am aiming is US$35). Also Please let me know your comments on Moondrop CHU earphones.

Best Regards,

Apr 20, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 11
Welcome to HeadFi.

It will depend what sound signature you like, there are so many options.

If you find something in the US market that's not available in Singapore, I'm traveling there for work later this year and can bring them with me.

Apr 20, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 11
Greetings Msing539,

Thank you for advice and kind gesture. I am relocating to India around mid of this year, so thought of buying myself a decent pair of Earphones to use with Hi-Fi quad DAC in my phone.

I listen to varied genres of music and so I believe it would be balanced Sound signature (I am writing with my little knowledge, Kindly correct me if I am wrong).

Best Regards,

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 11
Welcome to HeadFi.

It will depend what sound signature you like, there are so many options.

If you find something in the US market that's not available in Singapore, I'm traveling there for work later this year and can bring them with me.
Greetings Msing539,

Thank you for advice and kind gesture. I am relocating to India around mid of this year, so thought of buying myself a decent pair of Earphones to use with Hi-Fi quad DAC in my phone.

I listen to varied genres of music and so I believe it would be balanced Sound signature (I am writing with my little knowledge, Kindly correct me if I am wrong).

Best Regards,

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 11
You're welcome, I think I'll be there end of June, if that helps.

Balanced under $35... Salnotes Zero is an option, and a good one. Tangzu Wan'er is another option.

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #7 of 11
Thank you very much Msing539,

Is there any possible suggestion you could give for Balanced Sound signature under US$25.
Here in the US, the Wan'er is $25 and the Zero is $20... how much are they for you?

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #9 of 11
The Zero retails for US$30.. and Wan'er retails for US$27-32 in Singapore.
Below that price point, I only have experience with the Moondrop Chu, which is similar in sound to the Zero but with a fixed (non detachable) cable.

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #10 of 11
Below that price point, I only have experience with the Moondrop Chu, which is similar in sound to the Zero but with a fixed (non detachable) cable.
I beleive then Salnotes Zero offer more value in long run compared Chu due to flexible feature.

Msing539, Once Again I appreciate your time and sharing your wisdom

Best Regards,

Apr 21, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #11 of 11
Greetings to all,

I was wondering if I should also get TWS earbuds with AptX HD support for using during travel to work in MRT.

As @msing539 suggested I planning to buy (Salnotes Zero) IEM for listening to music after returning to home from work.

I request members to kindly suggest a (TWS earbuds with AptX HD with bluetooth 5) support within USD$35 range. I appreciate your time and comments.

Best Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back