[RESCHEDULED, SEE NEW THREAD] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #91 of 191
Ok, update,

How about we meet on Saturday December 4th from 11AM to whenever (within reason) at my house. I'll need feedback from everyone soon as this is right around the corner. It's also between the 2 holidays so if we're going to do this at my home in 2021, this is a good date for me. Hope it is for everyone else. I'll PM any and everyone that confirms they'll be here with my address and phone number because I'm obviously not making my residence and personal info public.

I need to be clear on something where I wasn't before. When I say I have room for about 8 people, I was referring to "set-ups" as power and room will be at a premium. I can accommodate more people as long as they don't bring an entire set up other then something portable, some headphones only or just themselves to hang. That's actually a big deal so hopefully I'm coming across in my communication more clearly this time.

Also, if you guys want to have some holiday spirits, beer and that other thing that may assist you in getting more in the mood.........:wink::sunglasses: (that would have to be outside though) that works too. We can talk about food too as the last time I did this, we had a BBQ. If we do a BBQ again, I would ask that everyone would bring something small to accommodate the group that would go with the burgers and dogs. I'll flip the bill on that stuff but I could really use the help if we do food. We can also just do snacks only and forego the BBQ. It's up to you guys.

Once I start getting responses again, we can move forward. Yes, this date WILL happen as I don't see any unforeseen circumstances arising again for the family and I.

Greg

Nov 12, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #93 of 191
That's a good day for me too. I'll bring my mscaler, tt2, aic-10 and abyss phi.

As for food, I can slow smoke a killer good pork butt, with my homemade rub and bbq sauce. If anybody has some good buns to go with it. Or, I can make it with green chilis to make burritos. Both ways are very good, you all vote which way you prefer.

Nov 12, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #94 of 191
Slow smoked “killer” pork Butt? Pfffff…. ah…..1 vote for a…. Hell yeah!!
I’ll buy whatever kind of buns that are best if that’s the way everyone wants to go.

Sounds cool M3ntal, probably a few brewskis.
Good start gentleman. Let’s keep it rolling.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #95 of 191
Noble in Phoenix has awesome buns, but they are only open when I'm working.

Let me know what style of beer everyone likes and I'll do my best to cater with local establishments. :)

Nov 12, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #97 of 191
I can make it that day, Greg.

@M3NTAL I can bring some beer also. I'm an IPA lover. Do we need chips?

I should bring some hand-wipes. To keep the pork butt and chip oils off the gear...

As far as gear, I'm planning to bring the Flux FA-10, Metrum Amethyst, and a few random headphones, probably the Kennerton GH50s that John Massaria updated to his MK2 version, Abyss Diana V2, and one of my ZMFs.

Nov 12, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #100 of 191
Well then! Chips and salsa. I guess that means I should make the pork green chili style for burritos. To be versatile, I'll make it both ways.

So, expect two crock pots with the pork made two ways. Believe me, both ways is an experience you will never forget. It's That good.

Nov 12, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #102 of 191
I can also bring a Hafler 75ha dac/amp combo and just hook it up to a phone as a source. If anyone is interested or there's room for an additional box. If not that's cool too. I can bring multiple power strips.

Nov 13, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #105 of 191
Noble in Phoenix has awesome buns, but they are only open when I'm working.

Let me know what style of beer everyone likes and I'll do my best to cater with local establishments. :)

Not sure when Noble is open or exactly what it is but if need be I can grab them if scheduling is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back