Resolved: Classifieds search is broken in multiple ways
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2023 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nothing4me

100+ Head-Fier
  1. Search for "topping" (also took screenshot below)
  2. Search for "Topping" (also took screenshot below)

Why are there almost completely different results due to one character being uppercase? Also, some results, like this one, doesn't even have the word "topping" or "top" anywhere in the listing yet it shows up.

1687535682861.png

1687535731110.png

Jun 23, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello @nothing4me,

Thank you for your bug report. The different results you experienced are not related to case-sensitivity. Our search system normalizes all search terms to lowercase before executing the search. Note that regardless of your search terms case, the results include uppercase "Topping". The behavior you're experiencing is instead related to a known issue in our search where eventual consistency between the two replicas is sometimes delayed. Fresh searches made with the same term will return two different result sets depending on which replica responds to the request until the replicas reach full consistency.

Regarding the example listing you provided that didn't include the search term: it previously included a list of "trade interests" which included the Topping G5, but was edited to remove that text.

I hope this answers your concerns.

Best,
Ryan

Jun 23, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 3
Hello @nothing4me,

Thank you for your bug report. The different results you experienced are not related to case-sensitivity. Our search system normalizes all search terms to lowercase before executing the search. Note that regardless of your search terms case, the results include uppercase "Topping". The behavior you're experiencing is instead related to a known issue in our search where eventual consistency between the two replicas is sometimes delayed. Fresh searches made with the same term will return two different result sets depending on which replica responds to the request until the replicas reach full consistency.

Regarding the example listing you provided that didn't include the search term: it previously included a list of "trade interests" which included the Topping G5, but was edited to remove that text.

I hope this answers your concerns.

Best,
Ryan
Thank you for the detailed explanation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back