Resolved: Feature request: able to save classifieds filter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2022 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

silentraindrop

100+ Head-Fier
I admit, I am addicted to classifieds. :) It would be lovely if I can save my preferred filter so I don't have to go through 47 million currency options every time I browse. Nothing more disappointing than seeing something you want pop-up and it's from EU. I know about the wonderful 3rd party site, but having the option in-house would be great.

Oct 18, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 11
I "think" the entire site is a slightly customized off the shelf solution, and they have limited flexibility in what can be changed. But if it can be changed, I too would like this feature.

Oct 19, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 11
Great news: you can already save your preferred filters.

Filters are added to the end of a URL, which makes them perfect for bookmarking. Here's an example of what the URL looks like in the Headphones category with the [Prefix: Sale/Trade], [Status: Open], and [Currency: USD] filters.

Without filters:
Code:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/categories/headphones-for-sale-trade.1
With filters:
Code:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/categories/headphones-for-sale-trade.1?status=open&currency=USD&prefix_id=2

I "think" the entire site is a slightly customized off the shelf solution, and they have limited flexibility in what can be changed. But if it can be changed, I too would like this feature.
Our discussion forums are built on Xenforo, but Head-Fi Classifieds is one of the areas on the site that we've created 100% from scratch.

Oct 19, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 11
Nothing more disappointing than seeing something you want pop-up and it's from EU.

Heh, ow! Well, in reality the opposite case is magnitudes more common :wink:

Oct 19, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #8 of 11
It is there, it just has a different appearance. Look just below the top of the page.

Oct 19, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #10 of 11
You're asking about placing the search bar from the main categories inside individual listings? I'm not sure I understand the function of searching within a listing.
Not listings, but the categories. So right now search bar is on the main classifieds page but going to, let's say, headphones section there is none. So a search bar in the categories would be helpful.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #11 of 11
Ah, I follow now. That's a good suggestion. We have the advanced search to search sub categories right now, but a quick search like we have on the main Classifieds page could be useful in the sub categories as well. I'll be sure to pass the request along to our dev team.

Update: They said that can be included in our next round of updates, so look forward to it being available soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back