Resolved: Message search?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2022 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

project86

Headphoneus Supremus
Perhaps it's been discussed already, but I haven't seen a thread so I'm starting my own.

One thing I still miss from the old system is the ability to search through private messages. Many of us who have been around for years and years end up amassing a huge collection of conversations. I've had some very enlightening discussions and learned so much from other users and even members of the trade.

But with so many messages, it's very difficult to track down a specific conversation I recall having 5+ years ago. Even just tracking down when I picked up that old set of LCD-2s or HD600s on the classifieds which be nice to know, but without a search it would be painful to find.

Any chance that returns someday?

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 2
Good news! There are multiple ways to search through PMs.

The quickest and easiest for me most times is to go into my inbox and choose Private Messages from the search drop down menu. The search box is responsive based on what area of the site you're currently viewing, so if you're not in your inbox or viewing a PM then the Private Messages option won't be available. You can also use this method to search within a specific PM.

SS1.pngSS2.png

The second way is to search conversations via the Advanced search, accessible from the "Advanced search..." button or by clicking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back