Resolved: Recently impossible to edit posts the old way
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2022 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gimmeheadroom

Headphoneus Supremus
We used to be able to add quotes to posts using tags. It seems the interface changed at some point and now once we post something it's impossible to clean it up, which leads to multiple posts in the same thread instead of just fixing our post to contain the additional quotes.

And it's harder to format posts now.

Is there any way we can fix this, am I missing something etc.?

Thanks

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 3
Heya @gimmeheadroom, let's see if we can lend a hand to help clarify things here.

When you say add quotes using tags, do you mean BBcode? You can always add a quote quickly to any post using [QUOTE]{The quote goes here}[/QUOTE] and when you click Post Reply it'll be formatted like this:
{The quote goes here}

You can also highlight text in the composition window and click the quote icon at the top to quick select and format text.

You mentioned that you find it impossible to clean up posts in the editor, what sorts of issues are you running into when editing?

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 3
Heya @gimmeheadroom, let's see if we can lend a hand to help clarify things here.

When you say add quotes using tags, do you mean BBcode? You can always add a quote quickly to any post using [QUOTE]{The quote goes here}[/QUOTE] and when you click Post Reply it'll be formatted like this:

You can also highlight text in the composition window and click the quote icon at the top to quick select and format text.

You mentioned that you find it impossible to clean up posts in the editor, what sorts of issues are you running into when editing?

Ok I see it now... there used to be an "Advanced Editor" and that's what I was using. I just found a way to turn on BBcode by clicking something on the upper right of the edit/reply window.

Thanks, I will be able to clean up my posts from now on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back