Resolved: Where is my draft?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2023 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

eobet

100+ Head-Fier
I've been working on a draft for a post for a few days, updating and saving it over multiple days.

Today, it's gone. Only options I have is "save draft" and "delete draft", but the reply window of the thread just says the standard "write your reply..."

Where did it go and how can I get it back?

Apr 12, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 3
We're sorry to hear that you've lost the work you've taken time to write. The forum's draft function is designed to be a temporary backup in situations like when a browsing window accidentally closes or power is lost, and as a result drafts are stored on the servers for only a short period of time. Using drafts over multiple days is not something we recommend. Unfortunately if you can no longer view your draft then it is no longer recoverable.

When drafting large posts or reviews, we always encourage using a third party text editor of some kind and then transfer your work to the composition window when it's time to post. There are numerous tools available for that online, some free and some paid. I routinely use Google Docs when crafting longer posts or reviews, then copy/paste to the composition window when I'm ready to publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back