Retractable headphone cables - is this a thing?
Feb 5, 2023 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
I like to keep a minimal and tidy workspace, but my HD650 cable drives me nuts. Does such a thing as a decent retractable headphone cable exist? If not, has anyone figure out a way to keep headphone cables hidden when not in use that doesn't involve pulling them in and out of a draw all of the time?

Feb 6, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 3
Is your setup on a desk and what's the desk made of? And how far back is your amp from the front? Pics might help.

I use an underdesk headphone holder made for two headphones. One side gets the headphone, the other gets the roadie wrapped cable.

If the Senn is your main or only headphone and you're referring to the stock cable, it's long enough to go behind the back of the desk, under, and come out the front.

You can secure under either with clips or they make an underdesk cable organizer where you can coil a cable around and remove as much slack as you need.

Feb 7, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 3
I like to keep a minimal and tidy workspace, but my HD650 cable drives me nuts. Does such a thing as a decent retractable headphone cable exist? If not, has anyone figure out a way to keep headphone cables hidden when not in use that doesn't involve pulling them in and out of a draw all of the time?
My desk is white oak and 30" deep. It's a sit/stand desk. The front of the amp is probably 20" back from where I sit. Your solution might have to be the way I handle it, but it's definitely not ideal. I take my headphones on/off at least half a dozen times daily, and I know I won't wrap up the cable every time. That means I'll have a cable hanging down most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back