Review: 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Apr 5, 2016 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

moedawg140

Grand Master Moe "G"….Don't crossface me, bro!
Ping Pong Champ: SF Meet (2016,2017), CanJams (London 2016, RMAF 2016, NYC 2017, SoCal 2017, RMAF 2017)
Review: 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
 ​
 ​

Introduction

I was introduced to the 1MORE Over-Ear Headphones – through a contact from 1MORE who had them in their stable, and wanted to know my thoughts of the headphone.  Thanks to the contact for the MK801 in exchange for my honest opinion.   A quick background of me is of a person who loves music and likes to listen to as many headphones as possible, from all available price-points.  I have listened to headphones as costly as free (given to me to listen while I was on an airplane, up to over $10,000 for a headphone that was used in conjunction with an included Digital-to-Analog Converter/Amplifier [DAC/Amp] for it to function and to be listened to as the manufacturer intended).  Will the headphone from the Chinese sister company Xiaomi - accomplish true bliss?  Let’s find out!

Headphone
1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote (hereby called “MOEH”)

Sources
iPhone 6 (Space Gray, 128GB):  $849.99 or $399.99 with a 2-Year Contract
Surface Pro 2 64GB: $899.99
Questyle Audio QP1R Golden and Space Gray: $899 USD

DAC/Amp
Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp: $499 shipped in the United States

Software Applications Used
Neutron Music Player – 320kbps
Spotify Premium – Extreme Setting
TIDAL HiFi – Lossless

Inside the 1MORE Over-Ear Headphone box

Pictures galore

Let’s take a look at the box first.  Red stripe along the side is a nice touch of class.  When you open the box, you will see the MOEH and a safety information sheet.  You will also see a small red box that contains other contents relevant to the MOEH: a cable, soft case/sleeve and manual.  There is a warning tag attached to the MOEH which reads:

Warning
1MORE Over-Ear Headphones
Your 1MORE headphones are not designed to fold.  In order to prevent damage to the headband, please do not bend it excessively.”

This is a chic headphone

The headphone has a striking color to it: the color is red, but it’s more of a matte red instead of a simple red color.  It has some sheen, and is a beauty look at and feels great to hold.  The headphone is one of the lightest as well, so for those that have neck issues, the headphones shouldn’t exhibit any pain issues, especially due to the weight since it is a light 235 grams.

The headphone is lightweight and comfortable

The details make it worthwhile

The cable is made as such that it is pretty difficult to tangle compared to other headphone cables that I own, and that is a welcome, thought-out feature.  Also, finding out which side of the headphone is which, it actually says “L” and “R” at the inside of the earcups!  I get asked when I let friends listen “Which side is which?”  I tell them “Just look inside!” – they have a nice chuckle once they see the “L” and “R” – making it super easy to find out is just great, since there are some headphones where you are constantly looking to find a dot or a marking or something, a sign, please!  The markings are something I would presume everyone would welcome with open arms.  The headphone is comfortable, but my ears do touch the inside of the earcups.  This is not a problem for me but I can see this being an issue for headphone users.  Slightly larger earpads will alleviate the ear touching the inside of the earcups/headphone issue. 

No Sennheiser HD 800 backwards wearing with these headphones!

How does the 1MORE Over-Ear Headphone sound?

This is one fun sounding headphone to listen to.  The presentation is pretty expansive for being a closed model, and that can be attributed to the clear-sounding driver that is used.  Detail is above average.  Bass is not terribly boomy, but sounds distant and not exactly in-your-face as other headphones may present.  However, for the pricepoint, is pretty darn good – I let friends listen to it, and they really liked the bass and presentation as a whole.  Meanwhile, the bass is tastefully presented, but is definitely there - you may want to look for another headphone if slightly elevated bass is not what want to hear. 

The midrange and upper midrange is adequate and blends well into the treble.  Non fatiguing and vibrant would be a couple of notes I would make about these areas of the sound signature.  Since this is a closed headphone, there is not too much expansive soundstage happening, but, the vocals, rifts, and beats are all coherent and scales nicely with your favorite source(s).

The entire presentation doesn't do anything "wrong" to my ears.  This is a sound signature that a lot of people will enjoy if they want a competent-sounding headphone that has a slight V-shape signature with lots of quality sounding bass and a treble that is not fatiguing in the least.  When I had my brother in law (teenager) listen to both the MOEH and the other headphones in its price range, he preferred the MOEH because of the sound and design.  He liked how the MOEH looked.  I could see that because the matte red is a pretty cool-looking color, and the design is pretty modern as well.  The MOEH looks great, and is a unique design that should appeal to a lot of people.

Final summary

A vibrant and upbeat sounding headphone that is light and comfortable is great.  Add in the fact the price of admission is such that a lot of people can afford, means not only can you purchase one for yourself and give it away if you don’t like it, but you can purchase multiple if you do like it and in multiple colors as well!  This is one headphone that I thoroughly enjoy and is worth a listen and purchase, especially since you can have your cake (the headphone) and eat it too (purchase whatever you’d like in your life).

Specifications

Price$79.99
Product ColorRed
TypeOver-Ear
Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance 32 Ω
Cable Type 1.2 m (4 ft)
Controls3-Button Remote and Mic (Android/iOS)
JackStraight, Gold Plated, 3.5 mm, 3 pole and enameled copper wire
Sensitivity104 dB
Rated Power 50 mW
Weight235 g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back