[Review] FitEar F111, Westone 4, and Grado GR10: A Beautiful Midrange
May 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Really? I felt the W4 was a lot more closed in than the GR10, which felt a lot airier and had a better sense of space. It's possible that it was just that the W4 was much darker and the treble of the GR10 made it feel much larger than it was.

And yes, the GR10 is definitely very comfortable, that's a plus over the huge W4s.

Has to do wit insertion depth. They're warmer with smaller tips installed deeper and more open with larger tips and shallow fit. I think they are unique in how long they take to break in. If you still have them and have already done a normal run in, Play them at about 1/2 again normal loud listening volume for a  for a couple days. They may warm up, top smooth out a bit and generally just sound more freed up. Nice review, by the way.
bigsmile_face.gif
 I also find their harmonic texturing unique and better than the often compared E-Q5 or even some of the top custom BAs. Not saying that they're better overall but they are VG at that.

May 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:
Has to do wit insertion depth. They're warmer with smaller tips installed deeper and more open with larger tips and shallow fit. I think they are unique in how long they take to break in. If you still have them and have already done a normal run in, Play them at about 1/2 again normal loud listening volume for a  for a couple days. They may warm up, top smooth out a bit and generally just sound more freed up. Nice review, by the way.
bigsmile_face.gif
 I also find their harmonic texturing unique and better than the often compared E-Q5 or even some of the top custom BAs. Not saying that they're better overall but they are VG at that.

Thanks! I still own the GR10s, they're great. I'm getting the jack fixed up right now though.

May 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
Other than indie rock and punk, how does the F111 fare with other genres of music?

I enjoyed it for classical and jazz, but those really don't make up too much of my listening. If you listen to a lot of jazz, I can see the F111 being perfect, since it's got great mids and very accurate.

May 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:
still using cable003?
will you change to 000/sxc?
I've changed 001,feels good

Still using the stock cable. While I do think that cables can change sound quality, some of it is not necessarily for the better (I don't love silver on the HD600s) and I usually only do so if it improves usability. The cable on the F111 is quite nice, so I have no real desire to change it. 

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #24 of 25
Very nice review/comparison, thanks
smile.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #25 of 25
Between W4 and F111, I prefer the F111. They are a great ambiance, the soundstage is so addictive, more than W4. W4 is more boring than F111. 

But, "warning", F111 isn't for the "BassLover"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back