REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Jan 6, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #286 of 854
I love how these sound, but I'm having comfort issues. When I wear them like HeadphoneAddict, they fit well and I get an excellent seal and feel good. For about 5 minutes. My ears feel sort of itchy and irritated sometimes and my right ear gets sore. There is some kind of pressure point that it's pushing on near that little cartilage hump on the front of my ear canal yet inside a little bit.

Any suggestions?

Jan 6, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #287 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Connahhh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love how these sound, but I'm having comfort issues. When I wear them like HeadphoneAddict, they fit well and I get an excellent seal and feel good. For about 5 minutes. My ears feel sort of itchy and irritated sometimes and my right ear gets sore. There is some kind of pressure point that it's pushing on near that little cartilage hump on the front of my ear canal yet inside a little bit.

Any suggestions?

Maybe you have them too far in? Maybe try different tips?

Jan 6, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #288 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even after 40+ hours of burn-in the imaging is off on mine. Not sure if it will improve over time.

The SCL4s/E4C don't work too well for hip hop where as the Ne-7m work better with that genre for me :)

Given that the poster at the top of the page has two left buds in his ne-7s, do you think it might be possible that the issues you're reporting stem from QC problems/a defect in your pair which may not present in the bulk of ne-7's?

You seem to be the only really vocal head-dier who is wholly disenchanted with these phones even given the modest price tag.

I ordered a pair myself last night and hope to provide another opinion on this topic within a few days.

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #289 of 854
I should also have an opinion on these in 1-2 days depending on when I get them, Hopefully they will replace my SE210's which it seems like they will for a fraction of the price.

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #290 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you have them too far in? Maybe try different tips?

I'm not sure what too far is. Once they're in far enough to not fall out, SQ doesn't change if I push them in further. However, microphonics are an issue.

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #291 of 854
Just letting you guys know that the Sansa Clip set on Jazz equalizer setting paired with the NE-7Ms makes for a very nice sounding combo (and cheap too!).

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #292 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by skeptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given that the poster at the top of the page has two left buds in his ne-7s, do you think it might be possible that the issues you're reporting stem from QC problems/a defect in your pair which may not present in the bulk of ne-7's?

You seem to be the only really vocal head-dier who is wholly disenchanted with these phones even given the modest price tag.

I ordered a pair myself last night and hope to provide another opinion on this topic within a few days.

The left and right ear pieces are identical functionally. It looks like the plastic with the lettering is wrong on the defective pair. I find it very hard to believe that the wiring is also wrong.

May be I am a bit more critical. My pair seems fine, no obvious defects. It sounds decent. Most would find the pair I have to be very good if they were new to audio or were not listening critically.

I have heard enough audio systems to know what some thing defective would sound like. Like wise I also over the years have learned what to look for when evaluating audio gear.

I have also been around for long time on audio forums outside of head-fi to know the "flavor of the month" phenomenon pretty well.

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #293 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The left and right ear pieces are identical functionally. It looks like the plastic with the lettering is wrong on the defective pair. I find it very hard to believe that the wiring is also wrong.

May be I am a bit more critical. My pair seems fine, no obvious defects. It sounds decent. Most would find the pair I have to be very good if they were new to audio or were not listening critically.

I have heard enough audio systems to know what some thing defective would sound like. Like wise I also over the years have learned what to look for when evaluating audio gear.

I have also been around for long time on audio forums outside of head-fi to know the "flavor of the month" phenomenon pretty well.

I bought a pair Sunday from Amazon and am hoping they come in tomorrow. From you description alone, I think they'll be fine for me for $50.

I'm not an audiophile, and I certainly don't want to spend more than $150 on a pair of IEM's. Something fun that is portable with distinct/defined bass and a generally warm feel is really what I'm looking for. I don't listen to jazz, pop, orchestra...etc. My library is limited to metal, hardcore, and some classical guitar.

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #294 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Q-Tip-81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a pair Sunday from Amazon and am hoping they come in tomorrow. From you description alone, I think they'll be fine for me for $50.

Don't get me wrong they are really really good for $50. I am sure you will like them.

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #295 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like we wear the NE-7's differently, I used to stick them in all the way with medium tips, and while I though they sounded good, they weren't great. I switched to large tips and have them angled with the end sticking out about 25-30 degrees from parallel to the ground (can't find the camera, where did the wife put it?), and you can see the copper housing sticking out of my ears. But the sound worlds better to me that way.

Here is a picture to follow-up what I found to be my ideal fit
bF2GsEPTD9woMvdKK2Yr_A

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #296 of 854
Ok, so i have just got back from work, and had the USPS package sitting on my doorstep. I have ripped them open, stuck them in my ears, and am a little underwhelmed... no matter how I try and position these in my ears, I just cannot get a good-sounding fit with the supplied foamies.

I was a regular e3c and olive foamies user, so I am used to a pretty deep and consistently comfortable fit. If I insert these NE-7M's deep, I get hardly any treble at all, and everything sounds really muddy, as if the foam is blocking the driver passage, however if I insert them lightly, I get no bass at all!

Should I consider the comply T400 tips a must buy, or are there any alternatives, the supplied rubber tips are completely useless, not a single one is the right size! (I am a large usually!)

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #297 of 854
Ok so I just got these the other day. I have not burned them in and dont have a lot of listening time on them. The bass on these is very solid, however if there was any more bass it would gobble up the subdued lower midrange/upper midbass. On some recordings vigorous cymbal crashing can be bright, but I expect this ti dissipate with a proper burn in. The clarity and soundstage are pretty good, there are IEMS that do it better but probably not at this price point.

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #298 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by hughwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so i have just got back from work, and had the USPS package sitting on my doorstep. I have ripped them open, stuck them in my ears, and am a little underwhelmed... no matter how I try and position these in my ears, I just cannot get a good-sounding fit with the supplied foamies.

I was a regular e3c and olive foamies user, so I am used to a pretty deep and consistently comfortable fit. If I insert these NE-7M's deep, I get hardly any treble at all, and everything sounds really muddy, as if the foam is blocking the driver passage, however if I insert them lightly, I get no bass at all!

Should I consider the comply T400 tips a must buy, or are there any alternatives, the supplied rubber tips are completely useless, not a single one is the right size! (I am a large usually!)

For me, the OEM sleeves sucked. But that's true of most all canal phones. I don't think these work without T400s, but others claim the stock sleeves work for them. Not me. Not you. With the T400s, they sound very, very good for the price (or even better than the price, I mean).

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #299 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by hughwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the supplied rubber tips are completely useless, not a single one is the right size! (I am a large usually!)

agree 100%. luckily my medium UE silicon tips fit perfect (they're in between the medium and large that came with), i could tell the sound quality change immediately.

also
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/t...-ne-7m-395773/

even with limited burn in, the NE-7M + the right tips is a tremendous value. combine that with my tiny ibasso t4 and the sound is really impressive (although the LOD negates the remote control >sigh<).

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #300 of 854
The Nuforce tips are the worst I've used. Absolutely obnoxious and they decimate the sound coming from the IEM. Luckily I have tons of spare tips around from a number of IEMs, so I was able to find a few options which work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back