REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else
Jan 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #946 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am no ety fan, in fact i hate them but theres no denying they have stood the test of time.

I'm beginning to think you simply hate anything you don't own.

What I don't get is why you care so much what we W3 owners think of our IEMs? After all, we're the ones who have to live with these "atrocious" things.

I assume you still haven't heard them and have no intention of ever buying them, so why the obvious fascination with 'em?

Jan 14, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #947 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm beginning to think you simply hate[/I] anything you don't own.

What I don't get is why you care so much what we W3 owners think of our IEMs? After all, we're the ones who have to live with these "atrocious" things.

I assume you still haven't heard them and have no intention of ever buying them, so why the obvious fascination with 'em?

hang on a mo there boyo, did i ever say the westone 3 is bad in any way?? nope, did i say i hate them, nope, if you care to read my posts properly i actually said i think i would love the westone 3, im fascinated with them for the same reasons as everyone else, how do you know i dont plan on buying them at some point you jackass.

stop trashing this thread now, ive said of my intention to stop arguing and your insist on questioning me. where have i ever said i ''hate'' any phones apart from the ety's?? stop beefing it out with me and get back on thread topic man
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #948 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time for everyone to take a deep breath and either relax and enjoy their W3s (if they work for you, for whatever reason) or sell/return them and look elsewhere.

Hear, hear!

Quote:

Jackass

Jackass? Jinx, Jinx, get a grip, kid! You're reverting to type again. Haven't you heard? Hypertension kills. You're risking your health over an IEM you don't even own. LOL
tongue.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #949 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hear, hear!

Jackass? Jinx, Jinx, get a grip, kid! You're reverting to type again. Haven't you heard? Hypertension kills. You're risking your health over an IEM you don't even own. LOL
tongue.gif

your a nutcase man
popcorn.gif
i try and drop the arguement and you consistently bring me back into the frey. it is you that is worrying about it dude because you wont let it drop.

Jan 15, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #951 of 2,117
Although the sound wasn't for me, I wish it had been since they were very comfortable while I had them. All I felt was the mild pressure of the tips in my canals; the driver units and wires rested air-light in their place with no friction or pressure sores over time. I just hope the se530 will be as comfortable.

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #953 of 2,117
Jan 15, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #954 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Larry, weren't you asking about the 3 Customs? I wonder if this is what they became?

Westone: Westone Announces NEW ES3X !!

I am not at liberty to discuss anything powderhound told me on 11/26/08, neither price nor expected date of release...
biggrin.gif

...oh wait, the cat is out of the bag!
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #955 of 2,117
Jan 15, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #957 of 2,117
ES3X vs. UE-10 pro

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #958 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...oh wait, the cat is [size=medium]out [/size]of the bag!
tongue.gif

Not according to this...
biggrin.gif

catinbag.jpg

Jan 15, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #959 of 2,117
Hmm.... The impedance of the ES3X is significantly higher than the previous models. That's interesting....

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #960 of 2,117
I have read up to this point in this thread, and am leaning toward the W3's. However, I noticed that currently I can get the SE530's for about $280 while most W3's are at $400.

There has been plenty of comparison between the SE530s and the W3s, but how do you feel about the new price differential? These used to be priced on par with each other, but with the SE530s available for over $100 less than the W3s, I am curious if I should give the 530s some more thought.

I'll be honest that I really haven't been into iems long, but would rather get in at a good point and not have an expensive upgrade path.

The cord troubles I read about on the SE530s are my biggest concern with them really.

Any suggestions one way or the other on which to get given the lower price category of the SE530?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back