- USB data storage
- FM Radio
- Dual Earphone
- Blue Color OLED display
- MAC support
- SRS Sound
- Navigation
- Lyrics

Pros: Portable design, smooth finish, playback quality, battery life, ease of use, value.
Cons: Lack of power, durability, support

After owning a few mp3 players: RCA Lyra, Sony Network Walkman; I decided to try an imported brand mp3 player. My main reason for the switch was because I hated the transfer time and having to encode files to ATRAC+ for my Sony network walkman. I have been using OpenMG and Sonicstage, and they are not very stable. There have been fixes for XP regarding stability issues with Sony MP3 management software.

Advantages: First, let me say the design of this MP3 player is really cool. It comes in black or white with chrome around the edges. MP3 navigation menu is pretty friendly and easy to use (still doesn't beat the ipod's though). The size is about the same as most portable flash drives out there now by I-River, etc (December 2004). The other advantage is the NEO uses (1)AAA battery. Average life is 3 hours with Alkaline and 5 hours with an NIMH rechargable. There are 2 jacks (1 headphone, 1 input) that can work also as a dual earphone. It has a built in FM radio and a voice recorder. Retail is around $150 US, but you can pick one up for $60-$80 off e-bay, so the value for the money paid is great.

Disadvantages: The first problem is the player lacks the ability/power to drive high-end headphones. The second problems is durability. My brother owns one of these also, and it's been under much abuse (he jogs with it, drops it on the floor, etc). The battery door especially couldn't take that much abuse and broke after a few months. The NEO comes with a protective case, but using that makes the volume/menu pretty hard to control. The last problem is product support available is through a website Korean.

You can view the lineup of Woodi MP3 players at their website

Dec 20, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed
3 hours is a long battery life???

3 hours for (1) standard AAA and 5 hours for an NIMH AAA. I personally like that better than a built in battery because I can carry a few charged ones when traveling

Dec 21, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by smoka
3 hours for (1) standard AAA and 5 hours for an NIMH AAA. I personally like that better than a built in battery because I can carry a few charged ones when traveling

LOL my Iaudio4 got around 10 hours with one AAA...

Dec 21, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 6
my 256mb sony clie gets longer battery life, and this is while playing mp3's and playing games, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back