Rock Jaw Audio - T5 Ultra Connect
Feb 5, 2020 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ian Brado

New Head-Fier
Hi Everybody, I am new to HeadFi and would like some advice on the T5.

I have been doing some research. I am looking @ the T5. Especially with the discount on offer from the manufacturer.

I am particularly interested due to the drivers within them, and the tuning buttons that come with them.

Does anyone else have this product and can offer some advice/ feedback?

Link is: https://rockjawaudio.com/products/t5-ultra-connect

Thanks,

Ian

Feb 5, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 8
Im interested also

Feb 6, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 8
Hi all,
I am currently in the process of posting a review on the T5. Should have it up during the next few days. All positive so far. Of course will have a comprehensive and detailed view then. In the meantime your more than welcome to post me some questions. Voxie

Feb 6, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #4 of 8

I have been doing some research. I am looking @ the T5. Especially with the discount on offer from the manufacturer.

I am particularly interested due to the drivers within them, and the tuning buttons that come with them.

Thanks,

Ian
Hi Ian, will have a comprehensive review posted here in the next few days. Initial thoughts are positive. Will give you some feedback to your questions a little later once i have listened to them a little further. Voxie

Feb 6, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #5 of 8

Thanks,

Ian
Hi Ian, will have a comprehensive review posted here in the next few days. Initial thoughts are positive. Will give you some feedback to your questions a little later once i have listened to them a little further. Voxie

Feb 7, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 8

Thank you very much Voxie. I have the Alfa Genus V2 and I am genuinely very happy with them especially with the ability to change the sound on tuning filters. I managed to pick them up for around £30/£35 so no brainier and I use them all the time for the last year and half. The sound quality of these is amazing.

I will wait for your review..

Have an lovely weekend.

Ian

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 8
Hi Ian, hope all is well. Apologies for late response. Yep the Genus V2 are a great IEM for that price point. With regard to the T5 i would say that Rock Jaw kept the same sound signature to a wireless headphone. The tuning filters do the same job as the Genus. Probably a bit bass heavy but its a matter of personal taste. (Gold Filters). Personally i prefer a more treble sound but then again a bit of tip rolling negates this issue. Over all the T5 is very good. The build is solid except the rubber cover for the usb port...it snapped off after a day but over all i can not fault them. Connectivity and pairing, never an issue. Battery life.. i am getting about 6 hours but then again that may down to personal use re volume levels and so forth. Would i recommend them? Absolutely. If you need more info message me and will gladly help. Keep well. Paul.

Feb 11, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #8 of 8
Hi Ian, hope all is well. Apologies for late response. Yep the Genus V2 are a great IEM for that price point. With regard to the T5 i would say that Rock Jaw kept the same sound signature to a wireless headphone. The tuning filters do the same job as the Genus. Probably a bit bass heavy but its a matter of personal taste. (Gold Filters). Personally i prefer a more treble sound but then again a bit of tip rolling negates this issue. Over all the T5 is very good. The build is solid except the rubber cover for the usb port...it snapped off after a day but over all i can not fault them. Connectivity and pairing, never an issue. Battery life.. i am getting about 6 hours but then again that may down to personal use re volume levels and so forth. Would i recommend them? Absolutely. If you need more info message me and will gladly help. Keep well. Paul.

Thanks Voxie.

Sorry it has taken so long to reply I work night shifts at the Power Station.

I have now purchased and I received just this morning.

Initial impressions after few hours of listening, I am very impressed with the sound stage, the instrument separation is very good as well. The quality of the product is really top notch.

Thanks for all your help and dedicating time to answer my question.

Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back