Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Feb 1, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #1,576 of 2,020
Hi people,

I'm sure it would become clear if I read all 105 pages here but I'm wondering if someone would be kind enough to save me the time.....? 

If I use the links in the OP and follow the instructions, will I be getting a reliable, stable version of rockbox? I'm eager to try the features (especially crossfeed) but (due to lack of time, rather than enthusiasm) I'd rather wait a bit if it's still buggy. The official rockbox site doesn't list the DX50 as supported.

Many, many thanks to those who are doing and supporting this development!

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #1,578 of 2,020
Hi people,

I'm sure it would become clear if I read all 105 pages here but I'm wondering if someone would be kind enough to save me the time.....? 

If I use the links in the OP and follow the instructions, will I be getting a reliable, stable version of rockbox? I'm eager to try the features (especially crossfeed) but (due to lack of time, rather than enthusiasm) I'd rather wait a bit if it's still buggy. The official rockbox site doesn't list the DX50 as supported.

Many, many thanks to those who are doing and supporting this development!

Yes, go with the build and the instruction from the first page. It should work and the build is stable. You can still upgrade later without loosing your settings.

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,581 of 2,020
Yep. It's really hard to go back to stock. I'll never give up ReplayGain capabilities!!

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #1,582 of 2,020
No, but seriously, the difference here is, that we have cwm recovery instead of stock recovery. So in cwm recovery you need to flash a stock recovery that can be found on the first post. Once youve got stock recovery you can flash any firmware you want.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #1,584 of 2,020
First of all, thanks for all the work in making this available for the iBasso. I do have one small request for a future update. When a bookmark is created and later deleted from the "Recent Bookmarks" folder, it remains in the folder where the original bookmark is stored. It would be good if when the bookmark was deleted from the "Recent Bookmarks" folder, it was deleted from it's second location as well.

Example: (In case I'm not explaining myself very well) If I make a bookmark during a song while listening to Pink Floyd's "More", the bookmark will be in both the "Recent Bookmarks" folder and the Files/mnt/external_sd/Pink Floyd folder. Deleting it from the "Recent Bookmarks" folder should also delete it from the Pink Floyd folder.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #1,585 of 2,020
No. Once you got used to rockbox you will need years rehab to be able to use stock FW again. Relapse probable.

Yep. It's really hard to go back to stock. I'll never give up ReplayGain capabilities!!

biggrin.gif

No, but seriously, the difference here is, that we have cwm recovery instead of stock recovery. So in cwm recovery you need to flash a stock recovery that can be found on the first post. Once youve got stock recovery you can flash any firmware you want.

Thanks.

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #1,587 of 2,020
Because the only OS I have is Windows 8.1 and Linux I can't use the rkbatchtool. If I try to update with the recovery menu it says the img file isn't found. My SD card is formatted with exFat. Do I need to reformat to FAT32 just to update another img file?

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #1,589 of 2,020
  Because the only OS I have is Windows 8.1 and Linux I can't use the rkbatchtool. If I try to update with the recovery menu it says the img file isn't found. My SD card is formatted with exFat. Do I need to reformat to FAT32 just to update another img file?

Put the update.ing on the internal storage, not the external SD card.

Remove the extenal SD card.

Try starting the update from the original firmware player Settings -> Advanced -> System update.

Try a "wipe data/factory reset". Carefull, they mean it. You will loose all data on internal storage.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #1,590 of 2,020

Put the update.ing on the internal storage, not the external SD card.

Remove the extenal SD card.

Try starting the update from the original firmware player Settings -> Advanced -> System update.

Try a "wipe data/factory reset". Carefull, they mean it. You will loose all data on internal storage.

Actually I think he meant when you went to the stock recovery (the blue letter with 3 option), you kinda stuck there. My friend (somehow) broke my DX50 and I have to restore it using the RKbatchtool. Problem is even after I place the img file in the root of both the internal storage and the SD card of the DX50, the 2nd option "update from SDcard" doesn't really work, it just say no img found. And I can't use the orginal firmware settings since I'm not using dual boot. RKBatchtool refuse to work with windows 7 (haven't tried 8), luckily I have an XP laptop to save my day. But if you don't have an XP computer your DX50 is pretty much useless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back