Rockbox Xduoo X3
May 29, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #2,598 of 2,617
I had a question about the installation of VTX5 when your device is already rockboxed. I have searched the thread, and found no tutorial on this. Besides, it seems that a Windows 7 machine is needed. So, I seem to be out of luck wiht my W10. I hope that this VTX5 "upgrade" isn't anything substantial when you already have a fine-working device with rockbox.

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #2,599 of 2,617
Is there a danger in selecting the wrong battery type? (coke anode vs. the other one)

edit: Seems like since I've been here last xVortex fixed the dualboot problem, so I can just charge the player with the original firmware now..
(I flashed the fixed bootloader from a Vmware Win7 session and it took 40 minutes (!) to finish the procedure)

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #2,600 of 2,617
Hi, would love some help. X3 won't boot. Have tried resetting and reinstalling rockbox(using Win7). Disconnected battery. Still no bananas.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #2,601 of 2,617
Hey, I am sure nobody uses the X3 anymore...but I want to go back and update the original firmware. But, when the lock is on and I power the X3 on it, it just goes to the X3 screen, it never loads, just stays there, so despite having the update.zip on the sdcard, it never gets to the point for me to update it. Rockbox still works of course but I want to update to the 1.1 firmware. It has been so long since I touched this that I have forgotten a lot about it. Any troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

Jun 17, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #2,604 of 2,617
I too tried to reuse my X3 some time ago.
I had abandoned it because dual boot didn't work for me either.
I also think the battery is dead: I can't recharge it any more. If the microSD with rockbox is missing charging doesn't work?
If I have to buy a new battery, can you tell me where?

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #2,605 of 2,617
I too tried to reuse my X3 some time ago.
I had abandoned it because dual boot didn't work for me either.
I also think the battery is dead: I can't recharge it any more. If the microSD with rockbox is missing charging doesn't work?
If I have to buy a new battery, can you tell me where?
I think it should be able to still charge with out the SD and rockbox? I can remove the SD card in mine and see, although it will error out so it probably would not work. I learned a lot about cheap DAPS from my time with the X3 and X2, avoid DAPs that are overly complicated to update firmware: ) I was able to update my X2 but it was a byzantine process, and it still cannot read multifolders, it can only read music within a folder at time, cannot shuffle between folders. Anyway, maybe somebody else will reach out to us to help us out in our questions.

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #2,606 of 2,617
So I've had some bad experiences with replacement batteries. My conclusion is that don't even bother with batteries labeled "for X3". Get a cheap 1000mAH battery & enjoy the 6 hours you get with Rockbox..
The X3 has many engineering blunders baked in, but the fact that the original battery (or any battery with the same physical dimensions) only fits with the tantallum capacitors pushing into the battery packaging is quite something.

I can recommend this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001352700062.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802Ryu3lU Though it's only been 3 days.

edit: 5 hours

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #2,608 of 2,617
Good afternoon.
I hope the topic is not completely dead)
I have a device with the same processor with all the consequences - Fiio x5-2
It won't turn on, I'm trying to fix it.
When connected to a PC, he does not see it. The player shows no signs of life at all. I managed to manually transfer it to usb boot and the PC now sees it as jz4760 usb boot device, installed the drivers. But then I don’t know what to do, maybe you can somehow “talk” with the player to get some useful information or flash it somehow.
I will be glad for any help.
Thank you.

May 14, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #2,609 of 2,617
My x3 has suffered hardware failure, i.e. the guide rail/spring has popped out of slot 1. I can no longer put an sd card in slot 1. Slot 2 is fine and can still take a card. I think I already know this but has anyone got rockbox working off of a card in slot 2?

May 15, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #2,610 of 2,617
My x3 has suffered hardware failure, i.e. the guide rail/spring has popped out of slot 1. I can no longer put an sd card in slot 1. Slot 2 is fine and can still take a card. I think I already know this but has anyone got rockbox working off of a card in slot 2?
It works fine for me that way. My sd1 slot is also out of commission, my previous expanding battery bent it and I could not fully restore it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back