Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #108 of 4,743
  Hello all:

Just saw this thread. I live in Chennai. Please see my community profile for the stuff that I own.

Regards

You have lot of goodies, enjoy 
dt880smile.png

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #116 of 4,743
Good news is that now we get a lot of components in India (Meridian audio has 3 showrooms in India), although very expensive still (Meridian explorer might be a good addition to a desktop rig, but is clearly 70% more expensive than if one sources it from the US/elsewhere).  Should be interesting to see how things pan out. 

Sardarji, I wanted to say something funny about Punjabis not being on this forum, but I saw your profile pic and I think I'll keep my thoughts to myself 
wink_face.gif
!

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #117 of 4,743
  Good news is that now we get a lot of components in India (Meridian audio has 3 showrooms in India), although very expensive still (Meridian explorer might be a good addition to a desktop rig, but is clearly 70% more expensive than if one sources it from the US/elsewhere).  Should be interesting to see how things pan out. 

Sardarji, I wanted to say something funny about Punjabis not being on this forum, but I saw your profile pic and I think I'll keep my thoughts to myself 
wink_face.gif
!

lol,yup that poster was designed by me only for evoking such reaction in the first place
tongue.gif

btw have u ever purchased from hifinage??

i just asked hifiman if they were official dealers and whether their warranty would stand the reply was

"No,We will not provide warranty. But you can contact them to see if they provide any."

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #118 of 4,743
No Sir, not me. I am a bit wary of purchasing audio equipment online in India. I still think we have to travel some distance in this space. And, if Hifiman say they won't provide warranty, what's the point anyway?

I have a question of my own now:

What do you guys do for Indian HD music (Rahman types)? I have the rig for it (AK100 through SR71B) but unfortunately I've had to make do CD rips for Indian music.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #119 of 4,743
  No Sir, not me. I am a bit wary of purchasing audio equipment online in India. I still think we have to travel some distance in this space. And, if Hifiman say they won't provide warranty, what's the point anyway?

I have a question of my own now:

What do you guys do for Indian HD music (Rahman types)? I have the rig for it (AK100 through SR71B) but unfortunately I've had to make do CD rips for Indian music.

i have downloaded the roja torrents,full album flac and it was pretty good quality

u will need to join desitorrents i think,it will push u back 11 euros if i remember properly but if u want indian rips without buying and ripping a cd urself u will be wise to join that.
otherwise u will not get anything better than a 320 kbps unless u buy a cd urself and rip it(pretty costly affair if u are an average indian)

i have put on strings(pakistani band) torrents up for download for past 10 days,i keep my lappy open for 18 hours everyday but stillits only 75% complete.

in case u want to know the size,u will laugh when i tell u its only 1 gb

my connection is 4 mbps,with 512 kbps download speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back