RS1i or MS Pro for metal - Decisions...
Mar 30, 2013 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gibbro

Head-Fier
I have been looking for a used RS1i recently for my metal purposes, however I have had a couple of people saying the MS Pro is also worth considering. I do not mind bright headphones or a warm presentation. I own the SR60i's and I really like them but wish for more detail and better bass. I like where the sweetspot is with the mids on the SR60i

I am using them almost exclusively for harder rock and metal as I have other headphones for other things.

Source is a Yulong D18, I have a Burson 160 but I  am going to get a Little Dot MK I+ WE408A off ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Little-Dot-I-Hybrid-Headphone-Amplifier-TUBE-WE408A-/120985167314?pt=AU_Electronics_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item1c2b4725d2

My target music with either would be 80/90's metal.

Should I wait to find a RS1i or just get the MS Pro?

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 2
If you like the sound of the SR60i, then why not try the SR325is.
The SR325is has a really nice tight bass response, and the mids are forward, but warmer than the SR60i, and they are super detailed, and they are less than half the price of the RS1i/MSpro. Though I've never heard these two models, from what I've read they carry a different sound signature than the SR models, and if you like the sound signature of the SR models, then try the 325is. I myself went from the SR80i to the SR325is because I really enjoyed the up front mids and detail, but wanted a little bit more warmth myself. I don't even feel the need to purchase another headphone, their sound quality blows me away every time I listen too them. They are awesome headphones, at 295$ U.S. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back