RSA Predator with Alessandro MS Pro: thoughts, opinions, recommendations?
Jun 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

enobeuh

Head-Fier
I've been using D2000s since December and a few weeks ago bought the RSA Predator from a fellow head-fier to replace my usb nuforce uDAC2. I've come down with upgraditis and have recently decided that I also need to upgrade my cans to something more suited for prog-rock, post-rock, classic rock, etc.

I was looking in to the Grado RS1i or the Alessandro MS Pro. Sometime later this year I may try to build one of those DIY amps designed specifically for Grados, but until then I would like to be able to stick to what I have. I've been looking through the MS Pro amp recommendation threads and haven't seen the Predator mentioned once.

So, would this just be a terrible match? I travel 5 days a week for work so having a full size amp right now isn't an option. Will the Predator I already own work well enough with a pair of MS Pros until I upgrade later this year, or should I try to sell my Predator and switch to something else now if I go through with buying a pair of MS Pros?

Any recommendations are welcome, but if I need to find a different amp now I will probably buy it used and resell the Predator to pay for it (so something I can find for around $300-350 used)

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 3
Also, I still have the nuforce udac2, so if its absolutely necessary to get a different amp than the predator I can revert back to using the nuforce for my Denons, if I continue to use them.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 3
I have the predator and I use it with Grados ( 325i with upgraded Grado 8 conductor cables ) and they sing, the amp/dac does benefit from a good long break in, and gives best sound when used with a laptop or other usb source. I love this little amp, it makes my music sound great !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back