rude PMs...what do you do?
Aug 22, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #16 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
That was three years ago, I told you I was sorry!

I've gotten rude PMs, but not in the same vain. Once in awhile someone will bait me into a fight, and as soon they realize they no longer have the upper hand, I'll get the "[bleep] you, you big meanie, made my pony cry" PM. Last resort I guess.

(yeah, I know arguing online is dumb, but some people just get under my skin)

ROTFL! No, it wasn't you. You were just making a funny. You only wanted me for my eggos.
wink.gif

.... or were you?
evil_smiley.gif

Edit - YGPM, though probably not about what you think.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

what do you guys do when you receive a rather rude, unwarranted PM from someone with no provocation?

You should forward the PM to the moderating staff and report the person.

Aug 22, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #18 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant

x2... no need to be hostile or fuel the fire.
cool.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant

What he said.
smily_headphones1.gif

After that, just ignore the idiot. Sorry you were harassed, hopefully things will be more peaceful now.

Aug 22, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
What he said.
smily_headphones1.gif

After that, just ignore the idiot. Sorry you were harassed, hopefully things will be more peaceful now.

i don't know if what i got was harrassment...but it sure was uncalled for. i mean, i see a FS post for something i might want and it's more than i want to pay, why tell the guy your thing will NEVER sell, i would NEVER pay that amount, and oh, by the way, you should sell it to me for a dollar. bewildering...

Aug 22, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
x2... no need to be hostile or fuel the fire.
cool.gif

Let he who hath wisdom........on that note, even *I* wouldn't mess with Plainsong. She's one tough cookie and I'd never get over having a gurl kick *my* butt.
eek.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #22 of 59
PM him back and offer to make him a brilliant pair of taffeta panties, embroidered with a likeness of his favorite politician. Beg him to let you hand deliver them. Ask him if he likes his body sticky, like the surface of something that has just had very old duct tape removed. Ramble on about how you love that old duct tape residue feel, and have a need to see other humans covered with it. Offer to be his personal chauffeur, but only if he is driving to the morgue, shopping for chef’s knives, or going out to buy embalming fluid. Tell him Edie the Egg Lady is an inspiration and you strive, everyday, to be more like him/her. Take photos of your feet with the toes spread out by alternating empty tubes of lipstick and string cheese. Email him those photos along with quotes on airfare to come visit you.

Aug 22, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #24 of 59
Learn to make comebacks so witty, they'll just give it up. Nothing is more satisfying than a comeback so good that is just baffles the other person

Aug 22, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
I once had a newb PM me out of the blue with OMG!! U r a gurl??!?!

And then he started asking me where I live, if I'm single, would I like a boyfriend, telling me how beautiful I am (this is when I had teh Vivi avatar, yeah, Vivi's a real looker)... etc.,

I was answered his questions as briefly and politely as I could, but I just had to start ignoring him. Luckily he went away, and ya know, I've never seen him even post here.

I think most of the forum regulars know the online head-fi me too well to even want to go there
wink.gif
, but even if they did, obviously the majority just has more class than that.

I've known of a few others who had similar problems, and some a lot worse.

Don't worry, he just isn't listening with both drivers fully on. Ignore him, and if he starts filling up your PM box, report his @ss.
evil_smiley.gif

OMG. YOU ARE A GIRL?!?!?! are you single? wanna trade photos?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #26 of 59
I get those sometimes....
Twice i was asked to sell my SR60s for less than half their value.. one person tried to make me have sympathy for them.
Another time i got my product insulted and such... then given a very low ball.
Another time a person tried to buy an HF1 for less than what ttvj was selling them for-and other such purposals.
Another time i got a person trolling me on aim, telling me my headphones were crap and that i should buy another headphone (that was, at the time, worth more than my entire rig combined)... it was annoying for a little while, but things are much better now.

Aug 22, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #27 of 59
1. Whenever you feel beset by some living rectal hook or human colonic, simply respond to the punctuation in their PM and nothing else. Continue doing this until your nuisance a la toad shrugs verbally and waddles off.

Example:

Quote:

From MisterSalivaPal: HI JUNK, GOT 2 HELL, YU SHOULD DIE, EVERYONE HATES YUR FOR SALE POSTS EN SO DO I.....

Dear MisterSalivaPal:

Frankly, I'm enthralled by your ingenious substitution of commas for periods. First, you stun the reader with what appears to be a run-on sentence; then, you conclude by supplying all of the missing periods at once in what has to be the most provocatively ambiguous five-point ellipsis since the conclusion of Mein Kampf. Did you really accomplish this without the aid of any sort of spell-check or grammar-correcting utility? It would appear so. Bravo, sirrah!, you're a diamond submerged in coprolite.

2. If you grow weary of responding to punctuation, pick any other insignificant detail in your keyboard-enhanced living migraine's PM and respond to that.

Example:

Quote:

Yur realy pertenshious and Im sick of yu and yor elistist crap if yu had anythingto say say yud write it real simple, liek a persun. My beagle canrite better then yur garbadge.

--KeruoacRools

Dear KerouacRools:

Congratulations on your acquisition of an articulate beagle. Did you train her/him yourself? If so, you must be proud.

However, I take issue with your insistence that your canine's writing skills are more exciting to Head-fi members than the breathtaking epistolary mastery of my sentient garbage pile. Frequently, one hears of talking pets, but never, my friend, never of the literary prowess of an iconclastic trash heap. Why, grown word processors have spilled nose hair on themselves at the sight of my random accumulation of demised rodents, ant feces, newspapers and rancid lunch meat perched before the keyboard and responding rakishly to letters such as yours. In fact, I'd like to challenge your premature assertion.

Consider this a single-blind sentient garbage/Head-fi member test: I'll wager it's impossible for you to determine whether this very response issued from my dextrous pile of filth or my cogitating pate. Care to make it slightly less uninteresting, Toots? If not, you know where to avoid me.

Aug 22, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #29 of 59
[size=x-large]RESPONDING IN ALL CAPS AND LARGE FONTS WILL ONLY CAUSE PM-SPEWING STALKERS TO RUSH TOWARD YOU, MANDIBLES OUTSTRETCHED, WEEPING AND GIBBERING THAT, AT LAST, THEY'VE FOUND A MEMBER WHO SHRIEKS THEIR LANGUAGE.[/size]

Aug 22, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
ROTFL! No, it wasn't you. You were just making a funny. You only wanted me for my eggos.
wink.gif

hate to state the obvious but was that a pun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back