Schiit Asgard-3 DAC Install
May 3, 2024 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

raduray

100+ Head-Fier
Schiit says that all you need to do is “Simply slide the DAC module into the designated slot on the Asgard 3 amplifier, making sure it's securely in place”. Unfortunately, it’s not quite that simple as the module can’t be pushed back far enough for the connectors to line up. You need to slide forward the mother board enough for the connectors to line up. So here are the step-by-step instructions that worked for me:
  1. Slide the volume knob off. You may need to grab it tight with both your hands and hold the Asgard between your knees and give it a good tug.
  2. Remove the nut and washer securing the volume knob to the front cover.
  3. Remove the cover by unscrewing the four black screws on top and lift up.
  4. Remove the sticker in the back covering the slot for the DAC module.
  5. On the back, remover the two screws on the power plug socket and the two screws securing the Input and Output RCA plugs.
  6. On the bottom of the case, remove the three screws on the right of the board. Loosen one of the screws under the transformer.
  7. Screw in the threaded stud end of the spacer post into the threaded hole on the mother board next to the female connector.
  8. Pull the right end of the mother board slightly forward just enough to insert the DAC’s connector pins into the female socket on the mother board and push down to seat the connector.
  9. Use the silver screw to secure the DAC board to the spacer post.
  10. Use small black screw to secure DAC’s USB connector panel to back of case.
  11. Reverse steps 6-1 to reassemble amplifier.
  12. Power on and enjoy.
No significant volume difference between the internal ESS DAC and my AKM Modius which I'll be putting up for sale.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back