Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 6, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #34,546 of 152,911
sorry duplicate post

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #34,548 of 152,911
I've been a lurker on this thread, and Mike's for quite a while, staying ON topic in either of these threads LOL really!? :joy:

Umm, so what is the topic exactly anyway, I thought these 2 threads are a cool place to hangout and talk some Schiit. Then when Jason or Mike post, the topic will go that way for a bit, then???

Is this really a problem, I don't think so.
Well written, mate. BTW, I was born in Hibbing and have family in Duluth ... #MNStrong.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #34,549 of 152,911
I specifically asked Jason about that and he said it was fine here. It is his thread so in effect, asked and answered. I am trying to direct people to ask me specifics by PM.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #34,550 of 152,911
I recommend using a DAC/AMP for you iPhone that is designed for portable use. I use a VModa VAMP with my iPhone X and it is great. Many people like DAC/Amps from Oppo and others.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #34,551 of 152,911
A separate Coaster Amp Build Thread would be a great thing in my opinion
I agree that although Jason has no problem with the coaster amp discussion here and I personally enjoy it, the polite thing to do would be to start a separate thread. I will be among the first to subscribe.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #34,552 of 152,911
I agree that although Jason has no problem with the coaster amp discussion here and I personally enjoy it, the polite thing to do would be to start a separate thread. I will be among the first to subscribe.
Especially since it is NOT a Schiit product once the DIYer has decided to convert their coaster into an amp. Plus it puts all pertinent discussions into one easy to find location.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #34,553 of 152,911
I specifically asked Jason about that and he said it was fine here. It is his thread so in effect, asked and answered. I am trying to direct people to ask me specifics by PM.
As I said, it would simply be easier to have it in its own thread.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #34,554 of 152,911
I understand and that might happen. Jason brought up the idea here and has spoken about it here. It is Schiit product on the Schiit site and it is new product so right now a new thread may not make a lot of sense yet. Unless a person is in this thread, they just look at the item and scratch their heads right now. I have brought it up on other threads and some folks know Schiit but not all. As many have said, it makes more sense to be here than some of the posts..

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #34,556 of 152,911
Especially since it is NOT a Schiit product once the DIYer has decided to convert their coaster into an amp. Plus it puts all pertinent discussions into one easy to find location.

As with any DIY product the builder does with it as he pleases. That is well spelled out. While this is an interesting discussion, I have places to be. Jason brought it up on this thread, Jason sells the boards, I believe he can decide what his product is or is not.

And you can say that about anything, bicycles, pizza dough. This is Jason's thread and if he introduces a product here, I do believe that is his call, not mine, yours, or anyone else's. The product was just put on his site, in time there may well be another thread.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #34,557 of 152,911
Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #34,558 of 152,911
As with any DIY product the builder does with it as he pleases. That is well spelled out. While this is an interesting discussion, I have places to be. Jason brought it up on this thread, Jason sells the boards, I believe he can decide what his product is or is not.
Absolutely. But he has also said numerous times that Schiit will not support it, will not advise on it, and is not liable for what you do with it. If someone decides to turn it into an amp, it is a DIY modification to a Schiit Coaster. Legally, that is what it has to be.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #34,559 of 152,911
Ableza I know what he has and has not said about it, any DIY is like that, once you start a build, you own it. That is part of the beauty of it, if you start changing things around, you know you are the responsible party. If you want to try to talk Jason out of what he is doing, by all means do so. This is his thread, his product even if you just set your drink on it. I will be back later tonight, but I will say again if anyone has specifics to ask about on getting parts, PM me. The one gentleman was new to the thread but he figured it out. Peace

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #34,560 of 152,911
Ableza I know what he has and has not said about it, any DIY is like that, once you start a build, you own it. That is part of the beauty of it, if you start changing things around, you know you are the responsible party. If you want to try to talk Jason out of what he is doing, by all means do so. This is his thread, his product even if you just set your drink on it. I will be back later tonight, but I will say again if anyone has specifics to ask about on getting parts, PM me. The one gentleman was new to the thread but he figured it out. Peace
I'm not trying to talk anyone out of anything, where did you get that idea? I am only advocating my opinion that the Coaster Amp DIY project deserves its own thread, both to stop it from dominating this one and to put all information people might need in one location that is easier to find than sorting this already over-burdened thread.

If you don't agree that's fine, but it would be in your best interest as well, seeing as you've taken on the role of leading the DIY effort. Make a thread about it, what's the big deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back