Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 23, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #5,027 of 153,958
I use a Niles AC-3 power outlet triggered from my preamp to switch on my DAC.  Why get up off the easy chair?

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #5,028 of 153,958
True story, no Schitt. Early this week my dad was headed out (he just turned 87). Lock the house, start the car, get out of car to clear off the snow. For some reason the car doors lock behind him, no problem, he has the key fob in his pocket because it broke off the key chain. Now things really go south.

Pulls out the fob and guess what? You guessed it sparky, dead battery in the fob!!

So here's the situation, Freezing cold, locked out of house, car running with the doors locked and the house keys are in the car! Whats a guy to do?

If your my dad you do the obvious, grab a ladder from back of the house, climb up and break in. Everything goes to plan until its time to climb into the window (he's 87 remember) not quite as agile as he used to be. He falls into the house, breaks his fall with his head and rips his scalp open!

Long story short, lots of blood, 911 call, panicked family, 20 stitches and a CAT scan later, he'll survive to do something stupid again. 

All because of stupid auto door locks!!

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #5,029 of 153,958
True story, no Schitt. Early this week my dad was headed out (he just turned 87). Lock the house, start the car, get out of car to clear off the snow. For some reason the car doors lock behind him, no problem, he has the key fob in his pocket because it broke off the key chain. Now things really go south.

Pulls out the fob and guess what? You guessed it sparky, dead battery in the fob!!

So here's the situation, Freezing cold, locked out of house, car running with the doors locked and the house keys are in the car! Whats a guy to do?

If your my dad you do the obvious, grab a ladder from back of the house, climb up and break in. Everything goes to plan until its time to climb into the window (he's 87 remember) not quite as agile as he used to be. He falls into the house, breaks his fall with his head and rips his scalp open!

Long story short, lots of blood, 911 call, panicked family, 20 stitches and a CAT scan later, he'll survive to do something stupid again. 

All because of stupid auto door locks!!

Excellent story, though!! I hope I'm driving and climbing ladders when I'm 87, even if I take a header sometimes

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #5,030 of 153,958
  How about a crowd designed device? Like LH labs or iFi. They are very successful and match exactly Schiit's philosophy 
L3000.gif

Unless I'm mistaken? 
ph34r.gif

I don't they match Schiit's philosophy at all...they are constantly trying to upsell their crowd-sourced programs with upgrades and accessories. 

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #5,031 of 153,958
  I don't they match Schiit's philosophy at all...they are constantly trying to upsell their crowd-sourced programs with upgrades and accessories. 

Exactly! Thats why I never participate in them. I tried to figure out the Geek website once and just gave up in frustration. Seems that if they can use sufficient smoke and mirrors the consumers won't know what the hell they are actually getting and when they will be getting it! Just my 2c worth so don't  get your panties in a wad and reply with all sorts of suggestions (including the obvious!) as I am not interested. When I spend my dollars I want to know exactly what I am getting and when I am getting it, just call me old fashioned(I'm an old fart) but it has worked for me for a long time. Cheers.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #5,036 of 153,958
Just got a Schiit Vali Today with a ... Wait for it.... Switch in the back.... Any way another great Product from Schiit. I am completely taken back with the Hybrid and the combo of Tube and SS has solidified my decision to Use a Valhalla as a preamp to my Powered Monitors. And that amazon post has me ordering directly from Schiit now. Now if only they would release 2 ch amp that someone in an early post kindly named project Valkyrie so I can stop wasting time looking for a desktop sized amp for passive speakers.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #5,037 of 153,958
Just got a Schiit Vali Today with a ... Wait for it.... Switch in the back.... Any way another great Product from Schiit. I am completely taken back with the Hybrid and the combo of Tube and SS has solidified my decision to Use a Valhalla as a preamp to my Powered Monitors. And that amazon post has me ordering directly from Schiit now. Now if only they would release 2 ch amp that someone in an early post kindly named project Valkyrie so I can stop wasting time looking for a desktop sized amp for passive speakers.
My Vali has the switch on the front! Also the power jack and RCA inputs. However, to make room, they put the headphone jack on the rear silver colored panel.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #5,039 of 153,958

Exactly! Thats why I never participate in them. I tried to figure out the Geek website once and just gave up in frustration. Seems that if they can use sufficient smoke and mirrors the consumers won't know what the hell they are actually getting and when they will be getting it! Just my 2c worth so don't  get your panties in a wad and reply with all sorts of suggestions (including the obvious!) as I am not interested. When I spend my dollars I want to know exactly what I am getting and when I am getting it, just call me old fashioned(I'm an old fart) but it has worked for me for a long time. Cheers.

Buying something from LH from the crowd-sourcing approach takes a long time, too. I think it took the better part of a year for me to get my Geek Out 450. 

Jan 24, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #5,040 of 153,958

I'd love a Ragnarok remote that did two things: Changed the volume level and discretely switched the outputs. Being able to remotely control the inputs and the gain level would just be bonus. 

And please no power switch on the remote. That's what remote power strips are for.

And if I lost the stupid thing I'd just pay Schiit $30 for a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back