Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 23, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #77,222 of 153,954
Incubus hoarder. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
Well the center cabinet shows VU meters can be a separate device. I change amps too often to incorporate them anymore. I made a couple versions for FLTWS, since he is a friend. You will be a friend again when my tube tester arrives safely.😜😜

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #77,223 of 153,954
Sampling a new case of Einstök Ölgerð Icelandic Wee Heavy with breakfast, finding the smoked barley & angelica notes harmonically complex. :D
Einstök makes wonderful beers. They, besides being excellent on their own, are one of my safe places when I've had one too many sour triple-imperial hazy ipa's. It's a toss-up between the toasted porter and the wee heavy depending on my mood.

May 23, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #77,224 of 153,954
I made a couple versions for FLTWS, since he is a friend. You will be a friend again when my tube tester arrives safely.😜😜
So just extrapolating a bit here, that means when your tube tester arrives (safely) you'll be sending me some VU meters? Cool!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

May 23, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #77,225 of 153,954
So just extrapolating a bit here, that means when your tube tester arrives (safely) you'll be sending me some VU meters? Cool!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
And for just $999.99. But that also includes shipping to you and insurance so...

May 23, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #77,227 of 153,954
for DAC that matches the exterior (identical footprint and styling) of Valhalla or Valhalla 2 most closely (older U-bend chassis, both rounded top and bottom front edges), the highest match is a used Bifrost first-generation unit (Bifrost with AK4399, Bifrost Uber, Bifrost with multibit option). The newer production Modius and Bifrost 2 DACs have the same basic mid-size footprint, but their enclosures have only the top front edge rounded.

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #77,228 of 153,954
(admitting my ignorance of English geography) is Leeds in Yorkshire? I was in Leeds in the 1980's and believe I had an Old Peculiar. Would it have been the same? Memory is weak about those times but I do know most of the beers I tried in England and Scotland were good.
You make me very sad :frowning2:
Yes, Leeds is indeed in Yorkshire and Theakstons is just up the road. My mother was born in Leeds and had many aunts and uncles there. Then her dad bought a business in a seaport, from whence comes me and our clan.

May 23, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #77,229 of 153,954
Yeah, well.... This woman was thinking of the other Vancouver when she wrote the original post. Canada, eh?
I realized that, I was just fishing :wink:

It's a good drive from CA to Vancouver (Canada), though it's hard(er) to follow the coast once you get beyond, say Crescent City as it is really slow going. Fun if you are not in a hurry!

May 23, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #77,230 of 153,954

Sorry! Indeed my ignorance is so deep that once I asked a friend of mine who said he was "from the Northwest" if that meant Manchester (He's from Liverpool) and when a co-worker said he was from Shropshire I asked "Isn't that almost Wales?" I successfully avoided fisticuffs in both cases but only barely. :)

May 23, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #77,231 of 153,954
Sorry! Indeed my ignorance is so deep that once I asked a friend of mine who said he was "from the Northwest" if that meant Manchester (He's from Liverpool) and when a co-worker said he was from Shropshire I asked "Isn't that almost Wales?" I successfully avoided fisticuffs in both cases but only barely. :)
Most people from Manchester would consider that the NW.

May 23, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #77,232 of 153,954
I have been slowly remembering to default to 'European' dealing with one vendor - they are headquartered in Linz and while a large number of their employees are German if you happen to call an Austrian (or other nationality) a German it does not go over well.

Edit: Engineer has bad grammar, somewhat better now.

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #77,233 of 153,954
Yes, Leeds is indeed in Yorkshire and Theakstons is just up the road. My mother was born in Leeds and had many aunts and uncles there. Then her dad bought a business in a seaport, from whence comes me and our clan.
you were sold to your dad as part of a business deal? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 23, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #77,234 of 153,954
Sorry my memory is foggy, who are you again? If you disappear for a couple years I will consider VU meters for you.😜😜

May 23, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #77,235 of 153,954
My geographic ignorance of the area is so deep that I understood none of the above

Users who are viewing this thread

Back