Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 15, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #79,441 of 153,317
2021, Chapter 10
A Trickster You Didn’t Expect

Ha!

That’s all I can say.
I am happy Loki has blossomed into a full product line and I hope you can keep them all alive. I will be among the first Max orders, and looking forward to the eventual Lokius Agnarr version that is dual height with separate channel controls. :)

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #79,442 of 153,317
11 weeks later and my order is still on backorder......... I really hope Jotunheim/Bifrost is worth the wait.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #79,443 of 153,317
I agree @kumar402
I don't even use my Freya S at the moment- it will only be put in the signal chain when I finally use a CD Transport or turntable, and need a volume control.
I still want a Lokius though... or Loki Max. :beyersmile:
I don't really understand what Loki Max has that Lokius doesn't.
Can anyone explain?
I believe Loki Max will be a genuine balanced design and also have a remote.
The Lokius may be a better value proposition though.
I'm curious. Why would an equalizer need a remote? Maybe just to select process/bypass?

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #79,444 of 153,317
Loki KickAssius will have multiple saved presets that when stored and then selected via remote will set the EQ to the stored settings. One might have preferred settings for different types of music, etc.

It is also nice to have a remote so that one can make adjustments from their seating position since sound can be different at ones seating position.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #79,446 of 153,317
Hi @Jason Stoddard - is this post on Reddit coming from a legitimate Schiit employee?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Schiit/comments/okbafa/fulla_4_and_hel_2_the_final_update/

If this information is correct, are you guys intending to put this information on your website rather than just on Reddit? I am just asking because anyone can pretend to be an employee and post random things on different forums. As a long time customer, I would prefer this kind of information to be posted on your website and then referenced on various platforms.
Yep, it's real, though Evan drew some conclusions that weren't correct. I approved Evan gathering information on motherboard compatibility issues. We're still in a gathering information phase as we wait for a next run of Hel and Fulla. We are not shutting down production, but we do have some extended and ugly supply issues with Hel and Fulla, hence the long wait. Those may have to go to ESS faster than expected, for example.

Beyond that, if Hel 2 and Fulla 4 owners are experiencing problems with motherboard compatibility that are intractable, of course we are issuing full refunds and/or doing gear swaps. Sorry for the problems, but it does seem like there are some motherboard combos out there that aren't playing well with Hel and Fulla 4.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 15, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #79,447 of 153,317
Yep, it's real, though Evan drew some conclusions that weren't correct. I approved Evan gathering information on motherboard compatibility issues. We're still in a gathering information phase as we wait for a next run of Hel and Fulla. We are not shutting down production, but we do have some extended and ugly supply issues with Hel and Fulla, hence the long wait. Those may have to go to ESS faster than expected, for example.

Beyond that, if Hel 2 and Fulla 4 owners are experiencing problems with motherboard compatibility that are intractable, of course we are issuing full refunds and/or doing gear swaps. Sorry for the problems, but it does seem like there are some motherboard combos out there that aren't playing well with Hel and Fulla 4.
Thank you for the prompt response, Jason. It is good to hear you guys are on top of things.

Jul 15, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #79,448 of 153,317
@Jason Stoddard

Could you shine some light on what components are holding back my Jotunheim/Bifrost order?

Thank you for your time.

Jul 15, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #79,449 of 153,317
@Jason Stoddard

Could you shine some light on what components are holding back my Jotunheim/Bifrost order?

Thank you for your time.

I know that both Jotunheim 2 and Bifrost 2 are in production now and we're clearing backorders, so it shouldn't be long.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 15, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #79,450 of 153,317
Jul 15, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #79,451 of 153,317
Loki KickAssius will have multiple saved presets that when stored and then selected via remote will set the EQ to the stored settings. One might have preferred settings for different types of music, etc.

It is also nice to have a remote so that one can make adjustments from their seating position since sound can be different at ones seating position.
I can live without a remote.

Looks like it will be Loki LowKostius for me :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #79,452 of 153,317
Jul 15, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #79,453 of 153,317
I think the Lokius is for me since I been wanting to work with 6 bands instead of 4 bands, but it will be my first hardware EQ too so I don't know if this is for me

Once I get used to it, it may be much easier to see if Loki Max is for me

Jul 15, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #79,454 of 153,317

Users who are viewing this thread

Back