Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 15, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #79,487 of 152,775
Cool. But mine is a universal remote. It handles all my gear and I can do everything from my chair...

...except turn my Schiit off because the @#$* power switch is on the back. 😒

Anything like this solves that problem handily.

1626388407870.jpg

Jul 15, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #79,490 of 152,775
Anything like this solves that problem handily.

1626388407870.jpg
But then I'd have 2 remotes.

OK. I'll consider it but only if Audioquest or Furutech make one? I need an audiophile-class remote controlled power strip. 😏

Jul 15, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #79,491 of 152,775
Hi @Jason Stoddard - is this post on Reddit coming from a legitimate Schiit employee?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Schiit/comments/okbafa/fulla_4_and_hel_2_the_final_update/

If this information is correct, are you guys intending to put this information on your website rather than just on Reddit? I am just asking because anyone can pretend to be an employee and post random things on different forums. As a long time customer, I would prefer this kind of information to be posted on your website and then referenced on various platforms.
This post was deleted. What did it say?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #79,493 of 152,775

(3:20)

(23:10)

A-ha!

Interesting aside re: Krell and blue LED's --> Dan bought up all CREE's reject blue LED's ($500 dollars a pop, used for measuring cancer patient tissue back in the day).

Really wanted to swing a Theta Progeny (had those blue LEDS) ended up with a Rega Planet!

After this post I finally watched the Jason and Mike Show. I had to chuckle when, near the end, there was the question about a delta-sigma DAC with a Super ComboBurrito filter. I really thought Mike was going to say it had the sound of one ass cheek clapping. I chuckled a bit harder when his actual answer was close to that.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #79,494 of 152,775
Jul 15, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #79,495 of 152,775
Jul 15, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #79,496 of 152,775
I would still need 2 remotes. If you can tell me how I can change inputs and volume with that phone app, COUNT ME IN! 😄

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #79,497 of 152,775
Now the only question for me is ...

Do I stack under my BF2 or between my BF2 and Lyr 3? :thinking:
I'm curious, why?

Yea, I'm from the era of the 10 band GE, with corresponding LED strength columns. I believe I've had 4, purchased in the last 40 years. My last memory of my "physical EQ's; taking it apart to irrigate the sliders (linear pots) with CRC QD electronic cleaner (good stuff).

One may download an excellent app: Peace (https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/wiki/Home/). Apparently only for Windows. I won't comment on the idiocy of using a "closed architecture" device, but it apparently appeals to the many idiots populating our country. :) (come on, I posted a smiley face, it's a joke)

Edit: I'm not sure that it's clear to readers that I belive CLOSED ARCHITECTURE DEVICES (apple) are bad. I hate Microsoft (almost) equally, but at least they're more open.

I can create any number of EQ settings, both parametric and static, and use adjustable filters. I'm from the school that believes one EQ's one's physical playback devices, with a single EQ setting. Aberrant songs, I've heard a few, can be adjusted easily though the software interface.

Lovely device (Schiit Loki Maximus). I'll pass.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #79,498 of 152,775
I'm curious, why?

Yea, I'm from the era of the 10 band GE, with corresponding LED strength columns. I believe I've had 4, purchased in the last 40 years. My last memory of my "physical EQ's; taking it apart to irrigate the sliders (linear pots) with CRC QD electronic cleaner (good stuff).

One may download an excellent app: Peace (https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/wiki/Home/). Apparently only for Windows. I won't comment on the idiocy of using a "closed architecture" device, but it apparently appeals to the many idiots populating our country. :) (come on, I posted a smiley face, it's a joke)

I can create any number of EQ settings, both parametric and static, and use adjustable filters. I'm from the school that believes one EQ's one's physical playback devices, with a single EQ setting. Aberrant songs, I've heard a few, can be adjusted easily though the software interface.

Lovely device (Schiit Loki Maximus). I'll pass.
Old school. I'm a tactile and looks oriented person. I work in the IT field and use computers enough over the course of my day. Give me physical KNOBS! The more the better! 😄

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #79,499 of 152,775
Old school I'm a tactile and looks oriented person. I work in the IT field and use computers enough over the course of my day. Give me physical KNOBS! The more the better! 😄
I am arguing that at work right now - HMI screens break, touch screens aren't, etc in a mill. Give me buttons that work rather than a screen that doesn't. The E&A group doesn't see it that way sadly.

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #79,500 of 152,775
Does Schiit no longer send instant order confirmation emails? I placed an order tonight and didn't receive an email, but every other order in the past generated such a message. Also, I didn't have to check any agreement boxes about ship dates, which were shown earlier in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back