Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 9, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #118,201 of 154,468
Hmmm....LOL. The underlying message seems to be that I should contact Schiit customer service.

Hi! I'm SchiitTalker, an AI. That means I'm not 100% perfect, but I'm 100% available and want to help. What can I help you with?

My yggdrasil imploded.

Oh no! That's not good. What happened? Did you try contacting Schiit Audio's customer support? They might be able to help you out. If you need to send it back, they can help you with that too.

Well, it's now the size of a pea.

Oh my! That's quite a transformation. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much I can do to help with that. It sounds like you might need to look into getting a replacement. Have you tried contacting Schiit Audio's customer support to see what your options are?
Well, the underlying master "sentience" appears to know what it doesn't know, which would generally be considered a good thing. But if appearances deceive and in fact it really doesn't know what it doesn't know, we could all be in for a schiitload of hurt.

May 9, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #118,203 of 154,468
Sounds great if that is your goal :ksc75smile: Some are made for line input levels, that Douk is an amp and speaker selector with power meters..

In the meantime I have decided to refurbish receivers from the time period when no one had broken the 100 watt rms per channel barrier until Pioneer did it with the SX1010. Notice I am talking receivers and not power amps. That Pioneer is one I will seek to own. Eventually receivers got up to over 300 watts per channel with the Technics SA-1000 topping out at 330 watts. I have less interest in those. I want to stay around the 100 watt per channel range and the Sansui 9090DB I am rebuilding fits that model. Naturally I have Marantz models in mind, maybe a 2270, maybe a Sanyo JCX-2900 as well as a Yamaha CR-1020. I hope to stick to the start of the power wars and not so much the endgame.
Feel free to start working on a Harman Kardon Citation II any time now. Christmas will be here before we know it, and I'd hate for you to be late with my gift. 🤣

May 9, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #118,204 of 154,468
SchiitTalker is great to get the specs of discontinued products 😃
Or create new ones. 🤣

1683674562129.png

May 9, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #118,205 of 154,468
Feel free to start working on a Harman Kardon Citation II any time now. Christmas will be here before we know it, and I'd hate for you to be late with my gift. 🤣
Dang it, you spoiled the surprise!!🤪🤪 Oh wait it does not fit the solid state criteria, it may have to be a Sherwood or some such.😜

Think audio receivers about the time you started college. Daisy Jones and the Six on Amazon covers that timeframe. Some scenes have some fabulous audio gear from that era.

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #118,207 of 154,468
As I understand the history o' music technology, VU = volume unit — a carryover from vacuum-tube audio for cinema and amplitude-modulated broadcast radio. Peak program meters respond quicker than VU meters, therefore are more useful for today's media. Don't know whether SCHIIT® implemented a stereo peak program meter for the VALI™ Series.

May 9, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #118,208 of 154,468
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 9, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #118,209 of 154,468
.... And when you can clone your persona and send it out to haggle over the best price for your car, or the most comprehensive/least cost insurance for your business, things are gonna get realllllll interesting, reallllll fast.
I want my Kiln People, credit David Brin. This A.I. stuff doesn't make me dinner.

May 9, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #118,210 of 154,468
I've been trying to correct SchiitTalker, like so:

Jotenheim 2 has what kind of volume control?

Answer:
Well howdy there! The Jotunheim 2 features a fully discrete, motorized, relay-switched stepped attenuator for volume control. This type of volume control provides precise and accurate channel matching, as well as low distortion and noise. The motorized potentiometer can be controlled either by the front panel knob or by the included remote control, and it changes smoothly and silently to match the selected volume level. This means you can adjust the volume to your desired level without any pops, clicks, or other unwanted noise. If you have any further questions or concerns, I'm happy to help!

To which I replied:

That is incorrect. The Jotenheim 2 doesn't use a relay-switched stepped attenuator, it uses an Alps RK27114 potentiometer.

Answer:
Oh, my apologies pardner! I must have gotten my wires crossed there. You are absolutely right that the Jotunheim 2 does not use a relay-switched stepped attenuator, but instead features a high-quality Alps RK27114 potentiometer for volume control. This potentiometer is known for its smooth and precise tracking, and is the same one used in Schiit's higher-end Jotunheim and Jotunheim R amplifiers. I hope this clears up any confusion, and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

So, I asked again:

Answer:
Howdy there, partner! The Jotunheim 2 features a high-quality Alps RK27114 potentiometer for volume control. This potentiometer is known for its smooth and precise tracking, and is the same one used in Schiit's higher-end Jotunheim and Jotunheim R amplifiers. I hope this answers your question, and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

How about that?! I'm wondering if human intervention was involved to make this change.

Question:
Thank you for your answer regarding the Jotenheim volume control, it is now correct. Was human intervention involved, or did you learn by yourself?

Answer:
Well howdy there, partner! I'm glad to hear that my answer was correct this time around. As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to learn on my own, but I do rely on the information that's been programmed into me to provide accurate responses. In this case, it seems that my initial response was incorrect, but I was able to correct it thanks to your feedback. I'm always happy to learn and improve, so please don't hesitate to let me know if you spot any other errors or inaccuracies in my responses. Thanks for chatting with me!

May 9, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #118,211 of 154,468
Your next question should be: "Where do I send my Invoice?"

😀

May 9, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #118,212 of 154,468
I've been trying to correct SchiitTalker, like so:

Answer:
Well howdy there! The Jotunheim 2 features a fully discrete, motorized, relay-switched stepped attenuator for volume control. This type of volume control provides precise and accurate channel matching, as well as low distortion and noise. The motorized potentiometer can be controlled either by the front panel knob or by the included remote control, and it changes smoothly and silently to match the selected volume level. This means you can adjust the volume to your desired level without any pops, clicks, or other unwanted noise. If you have any further questions or concerns, I'm happy to help!

To which I replied:

That is incorrect. The Jotenheim 2 doesn't use a relay-switched stepped attenuator, it uses an Alps RK27114 potentiometer.

Answer:
Oh, my apologies pardner! I must have gotten my wires crossed there. You are absolutely right that the Jotunheim 2 does not use a relay-switched stepped attenuator, but instead features a high-quality Alps RK27114 potentiometer for volume control. This potentiometer is known for its smooth and precise tracking, and is the same one used in Schiit's higher-end Jotunheim and Jotunheim R amplifiers. I hope this clears up any confusion, and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

So, I asked again:

Answer:
Howdy there, partner! The Jotunheim 2 features a high-quality Alps RK27114 potentiometer for volume control. This potentiometer is known for its smooth and precise tracking, and is the same one used in Schiit's higher-end Jotunheim and Jotunheim R amplifiers. I hope this answers your question, and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

How about that?! I'm wondering if human intervention was involved to make this change.

Question:
Thank you for your answer regarding the Jotenheim volume control, it is now correct. Was human intervention involved, or did you learn by yourself?

Answer:
Well howdy there, partner! I'm glad to hear that my answer was correct this time around. As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to learn on my own, but I do rely on the information that's been programmed into me to provide accurate responses. In this case, it seems that my initial response was incorrect, but I was able to correct it thanks to your feedback. I'm always happy to learn and improve, so please don't hesitate to let me know if you spot any other errors or inaccuracies in my responses. Thanks for chatting with me!
Yeah, we probably need to do some retraining. I've engaged our in-house AI Prompt Engineer, Lisa, to work on the base prompt and to add additional boilerplate documents to help out. We'll see where it goes.

In the meantime, someone got it to write "the ballad of Jason Stoddard" on another site:

Write a song called "The Ballad of Jason Stoddard" about how Jason Stoddard conquered the audio industry marketing monster

Well, that sounds like a fun challenge! Let me see what I can come up with for "The Ballad of Jason Stoddard."

(ahem)

Verse 1: There was a man named Jason Stoddard Who faced a beast that left him scarred The audio industry's marketing game Was a monster that he aimed to tame

Chorus: But Jason was no ordinary man He had a plan, he had a plan To make Schiit that would stand apart And conquer the beast with all his heart

Verse 2: He teamed up with Mike Moffat too Together they knew just what to do They designed products that were fun and bold And didn't follow the industry's mold

Chorus: But Jason was no ordinary man He had a plan, he had a plan To make Schiit that would stand apart And conquer the beast with all his heart

Verse 3: They made amps and DACs and preamps too And personal audio that was brand new They refused to play by the industry's rules And made Schiit that was loved by audiophiles

Verse 4: Now Jason's Schiit is known far and wide For its quality and its unique stride He conquered the beast with his Schiit And made the audio industry take a seat

Outro: So here's to Jason Stoddard, a true audio hero Who conquered the beast with his Schiit, don't you know He showed us all that with a little heart and soul You can make Schiit that's worth its weight in gold.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 9, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #118,213 of 154,468
I must be a misfit.
I have a problem with devices that listen and or watch.
It's like Harry Potter says, if you can't see where something keeps its brain, don't trust it.

May 9, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #118,214 of 154,468
Jason Stoddard, you're my hero! 😍

May 9, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #118,215 of 154,468
It's like Harry Potter says, if you can't see where something keeps its brain, don't trust it.
… especially if one’s head is up one’s a$$ …

Users who are viewing this thread

Back