Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 1, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #119,403 of 152,953
All of this should be another reminder that when it comes to new products, best not to say anything until release day.
With much respect.... it seems odd to me for Jason to have said so, so many times, in the ongoing book, not to announce things in advance, but to still announce upcoming products at the risk they will not be on time or worse cannot come to market at all.... I don't understand it. I've not known another company that does it.
But what do I know. I enjoy what has come out.

Jun 1, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #119,405 of 152,953
Started referring to my Yggy OG as "The Buff" over the memorial day weekend as I thought about a + upgrade. "Built by my grandfather, will be flown by my grandkids." B-52 reference for those wondering. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for it to be re-engined soon.
I know the reference well!
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Jun 1, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #119,406 of 152,953
With much respect.... it seems odd to me for Jason to have said so, so many times, in the ongoing book, not to announce things in advance, but to still announce upcoming products at the risk they will not be on time or worse cannot come to market at all.... I don't understand it. I've not known another company that does it.
Urd has been talked about by Mike since the beginning of time. (Dates approx). I'm just continuing the tradition.

Mjolnir 3 is a limited edition product. No competition for our line. No harm in talking about it.

Singularity is a proof of concept, hardly a product.

Beyond that..................

(insert crickets)

Oh boy this is gonna be fun. You have NO idea.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 1, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #119,409 of 152,953
It ended up being an internal error. The boards programmed fine. But we are tweaking the code a bit to maximize compatibility with Android devices. Yeah, I know, not exactly the biggest deal in the world (Linux, Mac, Windows, all in front of Android, given Android's fragmentation).
Definitely appreciated. In an Urd system, I'd think one of those USB inputs is probably the right place to plug in a phone, instead of putting it on an analog input of the preamp.

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #119,411 of 152,953
Seems like a great marketing strategy. Keeps everyone talking. Anticipation feeds the discussion. And what else would we talk about for almost 120k posts.

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #119,412 of 152,953
Hmmmm maybe I should wait for Ragnarok 3 or is there any chance for a low watt tube based ragnarok, or a valhalla 3, or a, or a, or aaaaaa.......sigh... 😁

I currently budget about 75 bucks a month towards audio, while contributing some sporadic side hustle money as well... I might need to take up a part time job again...😁

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #119,415 of 152,953
Beyond that..................

(insert crickets)

Oh boy this is gonna be fun. You have NO idea.
1685660188260.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back