Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 5, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #120,887 of 152,855
Ummmmm... I pick up the remote control. Turn on my Denon AVR and choose HEOS and Favorites. Select Francis Albert Sinatra Station. Hit play.
I trust the helps? If not, remember I am olde. Happy 4th of July, brother! :beerchug:

In a nutshell (nutcase ?) why I cant be Ars**d with a lot of Audio today !! - switch on Schiit , power up speakers , insert disc of choice , swirl scotch around glass , Enjoy

Jul 5, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #120,889 of 152,855
I miss those childhood days when my American fiends and Neighbours would proudly hoist the Stars and Stripes outside their houses .
Freudian slip?

Jul 5, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #120,893 of 152,855
Sins in general are more fun !!
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Jul 5, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #120,896 of 152,855
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
wow, not my way to go:
At 5:42 pm on February 20, 2005, Thompson died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head at Owl Farm, his "fortified compound" in Woody Creek, Colorado. His son Juan, daughter-in-law Jennifer, and grandson were visiting for the weekend. His wife Anita, who was at the Aspen Club, was on the phone with him as he cocked the gun. According to the Aspen Daily News, Thompson asked her to come home to help him write his ESPN column, then set the receiver on the counter. Anita said she mistook the cocking of the gun for the sound of his typewriter keys and hung up as he fired. Will and Jennifer were in the next room when they heard the gunshot, but mistook the sound for a book falling and did not check on Thompson immediately. Juan Thompson found his father's body. According to the police report and Anita's cell phone records,[59] he called the sheriff's office half an hour later, then walked outside and fired three shotgun blasts into the air to "mark the passing of his father." The police report stated that in Thompson's typewriter was a piece of paper with the date "Feb. 22 '05" and a single word, "counselor

Jul 5, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #120,897 of 152,855
In a nutshell (nutcase ?) why I cant be Ars**d with a lot of Audio today !! - switch on Schiit , power up speakers , insert disc of choice , swirl scotch around glass , Enjoy
It is easier than ever to listen to an incredibly MASSIVE "library" of music my friend! Well done!

Jul 5, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #120,900 of 152,855
I have the newest pi2aes on an rpi4 with an allo shanti power supply. After all the rigamarole I found that I prefer the usb out to both of the pi2aes outputs I've tried (i²s and AES). I've come to the conclusion that either the PCM bus on the rpi isn't up to the task of handling hi res streams with low jitter, or maybe the newer version of the pi2aes isn't as good as the 1st, or that neither version lives up to the hype.

I don't know that the case is ugly. Kind of charmingly un-sleek to my eyes.
Ok. The Pi2AES urge has passed, but another question. It was touch and go for a bit, however. 😀

So... Did the Shanti LPS yield any discernible audio diff for you with Pi 4 and USB over the standard Pi kit switched power supply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back