Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 10, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #135,631 of 152,993
Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 10, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #135,632 of 152,993
I’ll politely disagree with you through gritted teeth. Look up the original usage and origin of woke. A certain segment of the political spectrum misappropriated it to make it a pejorative in order to suppress social progress. If you want to continue the discussion via PM, that’s fine. We’re veering deeply into an unfortunately divisive topic.
We could, though I didn't react to what "woke" might have meant before it was coopted, but rather your generalization that not being woke means you're soulless. Of course, the unspoken premise in my response was I was basing my reaction on the coopted version of "woke". I'd be happy to continue this via PM or e-mail. We could invite others who might be interested. Absolutely.

This is highly appreciated.
You hear a lot of horror stories about Californians moving to Texas, and I'll make sure to get Texas plates for the car first chance I get.
But I'm hoping that my German accent will buy me some acceptance in the area. That, and the fact that I'm moving to Texas not because I want to turn Texas into California, but precisely because it is not California.

I generally hate moving, but I'm actually looking forward to this one!
In the area of Schulenberg or Fredricksburg for sure, as has been mentioned. Maybe a mini-Schiit Meet...

Nothing general about it for me. I hate every aspect of it. But looks like I'll be doing it again shortly to southern OK. Maybe you, @Ripper2860 and @macdonjh should lobby the state legislature to build the wall on TX's northern border? 🤣
No need. The three of us will simply stand a few feet south of the border and throw TX BBQ toward your yard. Maybe @ArmchairPhilosopher has a good arm and we can add him to the roster.

Beer, brats, and bosoms...what's not to like? :metal::metal::beerchug:
Within this context brats = sausage...

I just want to go back to a place where a 10 mile drive takes 10-15 minutes instead of an hour and a half. 🤣
You'll be slacking in southern OK, six minutes is more like it.

I can add Philosophical Chats as long as that doesn't encourage certain aspects. Needs to stay on the up and up :)
Philosophical Cats gets you double intersectionality on the Sine Wave.

Except not really, when all taxes are considered…like the 7th highest property tax rate in the country…
The guv'ment gets its money one way or the other. But some states do tax things which may not affect some parts of the population, so there might be a tax advantage to move there. High property taxes does make it difficult to reduce your tax burden: it gets baked into both owners' costs and renters' costs and you have to live somewhere.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #135,633 of 152,993
Tube time

Attachments

• 20240110_170040.jpg
    20240110_170040.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #135,634 of 152,993
I have commented in the past I have been impressed with their broad offerings. From what I presume is a small company, I will attribute such a deep and respected product catalog to:

1. not public-traded company greed
2. smart / passionate subject matter experts involved in product development
3. efficient & small batch oriented supply chains of other like-minded companies to keep company focused on what its good at
4. internet removing marketing "departments"
5. direct to consumer pricing efficiencies
Jason is the marketing department.

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #135,636 of 152,993
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #135,638 of 152,993
No need. The three of us will simply stand a few feet south of the border and throw TX BBQ toward your yard. Maybe @ArmchairPhilosopher has a good arm and we can add him to the roster.

Ugh. Looks like maybe *I* need to build a wall. Probably out of triple-wall cardboard. :smile:

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #135,639 of 152,993
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #135,640 of 152,993
Jan 10, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #135,642 of 152,993
Jan 10, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #135,644 of 152,993
Schiit is the perfect size and run by folks that love audio and engineering. Big enough to be a viable player in delivering TOTL gear, but still small enough to design and also deliver boutique audiophile gear. Yeah, I'm a huge fan, but they've earned my praise legitimately -- via their products, business philosophy, and customer service. Honestly -- I'm a skeptic and a hard sell, but they've won me over. Kudos!!

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #135,645 of 152,993
Nice EML's! Haven't ever heard any of their mesh plates.

Thanks! The EML mesh plates are sublime indeed! This 445 configuration sounded fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back