Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 29, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #137,911 of 152,726
Dear Schiit, pretty please, with sugar... ship my MJ3 which I ordered 63 days ago. kay thx byeeee

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #137,912 of 152,726
That digital device will only work if you have a feline intermediary to translate the brainwaves. My esteemed colleague, @Paladin79 , is very advanced and conversant in this technology, as he is guided by a feline known as Finnegan. Perhaps he will agree to help you in your quest.
I am dead serious but the last three times I had people over to hear my main audio system I set a chair in the sweet spot and Finnegan got to the chair first. In the next couple days a young woman will be doing his portrait as she hears my system, I will try to share the end result. IMG_6752.jpeg

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #137,913 of 152,726
They are sweet to my ears, no question. I’ll keep them in for a few weeks to see if the sound changes over time, and seek out more in the coming months. I’m listening to some Thelonius Monk with John Coltrane as I type this, and it sounds wonderful.
Put on some Art Pepper if you can, my demo choice.🤪

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #137,914 of 152,726
Put on some Art Pepper if you can, my demo choice.🤪

Done. Playing “Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section” (1957). This sounds nice. Man, the Gumby + the Telefunkens in the Freya are an amazing pairing.

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #137,915 of 152,726
Jan 29, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #137,916 of 152,726
I can match that... {{{from our rental}}}...
don't let non-electricians diy wiring.jpg't let non-electricians diy wiring.jpg ...and the prior owner double-downed on spray insulation. Expanding foam. Cringe... inadequate R-value for our latitude (45 deg. N.).
bye bye heat, hello propane bill.jpg...I'm only partially joking that I enjoy firing up my Lyr2, Valhalla2, and Vali2 to keep my HiFi nook warm. :triportsad:

I can't top that one. that's called a 'bad initial install'...how does one walk away the first time and call it good? also not a big fan of spray foam or at least the way people seem to use it for everything. modern houses are too air tight to begin with without spray foaming every nook and cranny...it isn't a thomas's english muffin.

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #137,917 of 152,726
Guys, a small ask: can we try not to turn this thread into troubleshooting central? I mean, let me know if you can't get ahold of support, etc, but I'd really rather not have this be consumed by troubleshooting.

And yeah, I know, I need to post more. Maybe a chapter on Aegir 2 this week. Also some more new content soon. Just busy right now.
So. While we're waiting for new chapters about Schiit Audio... could we add new content to the thread (I enjoy the sine wave, however, its content is repetitive). Is there the stomach for the following topics on this thread?
...novel implementation of Schiit Audio kit? Kind of like the Audiophilliac's system of the day...?
...modification? I know perfectly well that warnings would have to be clearly stated (you [plural] modify a Magni, don't even consider returning it to us for repair). Wait! Wait! Hear me out! We have a modding community for headphones. And repairing damaged wiring. I understand Schiit Audio cannot condone it. If this thread were to broach new topics, it might bring new (and younger) users to the product line.
...electronics tweaking. Novel solutions to audiophile problems. Skill sharing.
...audio engineering. Exactly what are the benefits of multibit and/or different DSP. Audio research... pie-in-the-sky ideas?

I understand this thread is driven by @Jason Stoddard , and to a lesser extent, @Baldr . Can the scope of the thread be widened?

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #137,918 of 152,726
...modification? I know perfectly well that warnings would have to be clearly stated (you [plural] modify a Magni, don't even consider returning it to us for repair). Wait! Wait! Hear me out! We have a modding community for headphones. And repairing damaged wiring. I understand Schiit Audio cannot condone it. If this thread were to broach new topics, it might bring new (and younger) users to the product line.
I am vehemently against this one point. The reason being that this is, in essence, the official Schiit thread on the entire internet. Any discussion being held here of modifications done to Schiit products is pretty much guaranteed to be misinterpreted by the casual observer of this thread (which is most people, especially when following links to any of those potential Schiit-mods-discussing posts pointing here from other forums) to be akin to an official endorsement of the practice.

Schiit's position on modding has been made abundantly clear over and over again: Don't do it.
And as such, I see absolutely no place for that topic on this thread.

…in my (not so) humble opinion, anyway.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #137,919 of 152,726
Done. Playing “Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section” (1957). This sounds nice. Man, the Gumby + the Telefunkens in the Freya are an amazing pairing.
That is the chain I often use except for three different tube power amps I switch in and a Freya + using 6SN7’s. Jonathan, @FLTWS, @sam6550a and @bcowen were essential helping with some of my tubes and naturally I help others when I can. It is always my pleasure to share that sound.🤪 Oh and that is the exact Art Pepper I demo on CD, vinyl, or Qobuz. A phenomenal recording IMHO.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #137,920 of 152,726
Also some more new content soon. Just busy right now.
Oh do tell! We're on the fringes of being called back into the office part time for work- so I will be looking for something in the ultra-portable space by summer. I do remember y'all opting out of a dongle based product earlier.

Something with an iFi hip-dac2 form factor would be Fabolous! Unity like with industrial case for portable durability, cashing in on all the jackless phones being released - I hate you apple designers for pretty design over function!

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #137,921 of 152,726
Wild-ass guess, but think Schiit will introduce a purely digital Head (no phones required) Amp. A digital processor that connects directly to Elon Musk's Neuralink cerebral implants. Bit-perfect right to the brain! 😵‍💫
My working theory at this point* is that the artist formerly known as Grimes was, during the course of her relationship with Elon, slowly modified into a an AI entity ensconced within a cyborg remnant of her body. 'Tis why 'she' is so open to AI impersons of herself and whatnot these days.

How one accesses the Neuralink armed with this knowledge is not yet known. I'd maybe start with buying Grimes albums in digital format.

*Also a wild-ass guess.

IMG_6347.jpeg

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #137,922 of 152,726
I am dead serious but the last three times I had people over to hear my main audio system I set a chair in the sweet spot and Finnegan got to the chair first. In the next couple days a young woman will be doing his portrait as she hears my system, I will try to share the end result. IMG_6752.jpeg
Welp, Finnegan does know his Schiit...

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #137,923 of 152,726
I got my pair of Telefunken ECC88’s for my Freya N today. One has a red tip, purportedly coloured to identify one that tests better for military, medical etc. etc. It’s painted on, so I’m very skeptical.
Interesting! One of the standard tubes that came with my Freya N has a red tip that has made always me curious.

IMG_6349.jpeg

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #137,924 of 152,726
Maybe I'll try the Valhalla 2 to the Jot 2. I'm just not impressed with the Jot 2. Right now I'm using Valhalla 2 to the Rekkr with great results.
So, I need to say thank you. I'm currently listening to the Valhalla 2 as preamp to the Rekkr. I had been thinking about getting the adaptor to try my HE6SEV2 with the Vidar, but, the Rekkr drives them really well. It may better with them than the Jot 2.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #137,925 of 152,726
Also Kiln Dried Plankton is awesome as a stand filler too !! I'll get my coat !!!
I would have thought that would be too light and fluffy.

Kiln-dried plankton-fed blue whale, dead of old age, now that's a stand filler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back