Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #137,971 of 153,121
Guys, you need to get better at reading the breadcrumbs.
1.) Jason said that tube gear doesn't sell too well lately
2.) Yet he posts an image of a new "hot surface" warning label
3.) Mentions immediately after that he's listening to a headphone out that was added as a convenience feature to something

He's clearly! and finally! working on the long-awaited toaster, duh. And it will have a headphone out! 🤯
It just better have tubes in it. I am not eating solid-state toast. :smile:

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #137,972 of 153,121
It just better have tubes in it. I am not eating solid-state toast. :smile:
You forgot the toaster glow like tubes ..... just drop your slice of bread in, you can see and smell it ..... REMINDER, do not drop your wallet in.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #137,973 of 153,121
I am dead serious but the last three times I had people over to hear my main audio system I set a chair in the sweet spot and Finnegan got to the chair first. In the next couple days a young woman will be doing his portrait as she hears my system, I will try to share the end result. IMG_6752.jpeg
A real gentleman---gets a portrait of Finnegan rather than of himself.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #137,975 of 153,121
Silly, boy. There is no power switch. The insertion of the toast will engage the bread lowering mechanism and start the toasting process. It merely has to remain plugged in and will be in stand-by mode when no bread is present. :wink:
... wrong again, wRipper! This is a Schiit toaster! Throw norms out the window!

Not only is there a power switch in front, but an LED. This goddamned thing goes from hideous whitish-blue to volcano orange when toast is done. That plus the flames should be signals enough!

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #137,976 of 153,121
Well, sort of.
It'll use the heater elements out of GE tubes.
Upcycling, baby! *woot woooot* ✊🥳

But yeah. Solid state toast is useless, way too hard to chew.
Exactly, we need it to be crisp but airy.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #137,977 of 153,121
I am vehemently against this one point. The reason being that this is, in essence, the official Schiit thread on the entire internet. Any discussion being held here of modifications done to Schiit products is pretty much guaranteed to be misinterpreted by the casual observer of this thread (which is most people, especially when following links to any of those potential Schiit-mods-discussing posts pointing here from other forums) to be akin to an official endorsement of the practice.

Schiit's position on modding has been made abundantly clear over and over again: Don't do it.
And as such, I see absolutely no place for that topic on this thread.

…in my (not so) humble opinion, anyway.
I second this—Jason’s forum channel here is like the biblical text of the company as well as one of the main spots for unveiling new products, making announcements and official comments on gear questions etc. adding modification seems antithetical to Schiit and also imho it implies in schiit’s own channel that the gear isn’t good enough to stand on its own.

Now if you do feel that way, cool, but it’s not exactly something I want from the Schiit official lore channel. I think the only level of mods I would wanna see talked about would involve tube rolling. I don’t think Jason has issue there, but I don’t wanna speak for him or the company.

TLDR you are correct

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #137,978 of 153,121
How about hammering the raw copper ore you dug from the ground into wires? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Yeah, I probably did something similar to that while winding my own transformers. I do recall making transmitter tank circuit coils out of copper tubing.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #137,979 of 153,121
I am dead serious but the last three times I had people over to hear my main audio system I set a chair in the sweet spot and Finnegan got to the chair first. In the next couple days a young woman will be doing his portrait as she hears my system, I will try to share the end result.
B5E613FD-5F82-4F1A-94DA-4A00DBA40C68.jpeg
FTFY...[Reg. TM; © bcowen: 2021.] 😹😹

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #137,980 of 153,121
... wrong again, wRipper! This is a Schiit toaster! Throw norms out the window!

Not only is there a power switch in front, but an LED. This goddamned thing goes from hideous whitish-blue to volcano orange when toast is done. That plus the flames should be signals enough!
Update / Correction: The switch is INSIDE the toaster along with the LEDs which are what actually toasts the bread. By placing the switch INSIDE the toaster, new levels of inconvenience is achieved all while placating those that complain about it being on the back of their audio gear. (Genius move!)

I don't know where you're getting your (non)facts. :rolling_eyes:

I little birdy told me the SINAD measurements will completely demolish anything Topping can ever deliver. :smirk:

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #137,981 of 153,121
Update / Correction: The switch is INSIDE the toaster along with the LEDS which is what actually toasts the bread. By placing the switch INSIDE the toaster new levels of inconvenience is achieved while placating those that complain about it being on the back of their audio gear. I don't know where you're getting your (non)facts. :rolling_eyes:

I little birdy told me the SINAD measurements will completely demolish anything Topping can ever deliver. :smirk:
Let ASR 'feast' on the decibel vs fahrenheit graphs 🤔🤣...

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #137,982 of 153,121
Schiit toaster orchestra ...... :L3000:

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #137,983 of 153,121
Overheard at schiitoaster shipping & receiving:
97BCF1EB-E3CB-4D3F-A53F-EADF1926AE3D.jpeg
🧐😳😂

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #137,984 of 153,121
Overheard at schiitoaster shipping & receiving: 97BCF1EB-E3CB-4D3F-A53F-EADF1926AE3D.jpeg 🧐😳😂

It will take five months for the metal factory to make the mirror like finish, please kindly have patience and wait. :beyersmile:

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #137,985 of 153,121

Users who are viewing this thread

Back