Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 23, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #30,691 of 152,243
Compromises had to be made with the modules. There are countless external solutions if you require more options.

True, but if you already own an EITR and would like to upgrade from say a Modi/Magni stack to the Lyr 3 with MB DAC module, it would be nice to be able to leverage an investment already made and also stay in the Schiit eco-system. I can only imagine that Jason and Mike would consider a coax DAC card, or...

... that the future Schiit designed USB interface (referenced in Schiitr video) will bring the benefits of G5 USB with it and ultimately find its way into the optional DAC modules.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #30,692 of 152,243
Perhaps I am being a Fuddy Diddy, but that one line on their website does bother me a bit. Potty humor is one thing, but tacitly encouraging drug use is another.

Yeah, I am old. Get off my lawn!

The user forgot to use proper punctuation. The actual quote from their website is "Yep, Schiit is our name, and it's pronounced, well, like "hey man, that's some really good Schiit!" And now that we have your attention..."

The part about stoners was the user saying that Schiit, themselves, sound like a bunch of stoners because of this line.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #30,693 of 152,243
For the last couple/three days, I, as well as Justin at REL have been attempting to contact Schiit Audio regarding compatibility/connection issues between the Ragnarok and REL subwoofers...TYPICALLY, Schiit Audio is relatively prompt regarding responding to e-mail inquiries...however, neither Justin from REL nor I have yet received any response from Schiit Audio...

I am wondering if Schiit Audio is exhibiting at CANJAM Singapore, and have shut down operations, and/or the entire office during this audio event. Might anyone confirm or deny that Schiit Audio is "incommumicato" at present...?...

Thank you...
You all can PM me if there's questions.
That goes for Schitt too.

Mar 23, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #30,694 of 152,243
I have a original Pixel XL and a pixel 2. Google trolled Apple when the I7's came out about not having a headphone jack. Then came pixel 2 and we got dongled. I initially thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal. The SQ on the original Pixel was awful, like really awful, but the dongle sucks. One more thing to carry with, and it doesn't work reliably half the time anyway. Love the camera, but still wish I had an LG
I think it's about controlling the music. Without an analog output Apple, now Alphabet too can make you pay EACH TIME you listen to ANY SONG. And bands that give away their music won't be able too in a couple decades .... there will be a requirement that the musician will have to pay -- a small fee for drm "license protection" each time the song is played ... a small one, very small, but just enough to ensure that FREE music is verboten by the powers that be ... this is how the giants will ensure they get revenue even from musicians who are not inclined to police their audience for money.

That's the point of the digital headphone jack.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #30,696 of 152,243
Perhaps I am being a Fuddy Diddy, but that one line on their website does bother me a bit. Potty humor is one thing, but tacitly encouraging drug use is another.

Yeah, I am old. Get off my lawn!

By "drug use" do you mean alcohol,it's a drug.

Mar 23, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #30,698 of 152,243
Dear Pietro Cozzi Tinin:

Thank you for your prompt and clear response to my inquiry! I have been attempting to do effective research regarding this question, and glad you can confirm, via actual experience, that which at least one other has suggested, (that the Circlotron amplifier design/topology is compatible with the REL sub preferred connection method), and further appreciative of the warning regarding start-up sequence...

I am currently driving a pair of the superlative little Audience Audio Clairaudient 1+1 V2+ monitors with the Ragnarok, (to great result), however still do miss that last octave or two of bass foundation when listening to orchestral music, (or anything exceeding a capella vocal music), and anticipating augmenting these monitors with a pair of REL subs...quite possibly the T5i's...and wonder which REL sub(s) you use, and what you think of them...?...

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #30,701 of 152,243
Dear Pietro Cozzi Tinin:

Thank you for your prompt and clear response to my inquiry! I have been attempting to do effective research regarding this question, and glad you can confirm, via actual experience, that which at least one other has suggested, (that the Circlotron amplifier design/topology is compatible with the REL sub preferred connection method), and further appreciative of the warning regarding start-up sequence...

I am currently driving a pair of the superlative little Audience Audio Clairaudient 1+1 V2+ monitors with the Ragnarok, (to great result), however still do miss that last octave or two of bass foundation when listening to orchestral music, (or anything exceeding a capella vocal music), and anticipating augmenting these monitors with a pair of REL subs...quite possibly the T5i's...and wonder which REL sub(s) you use, and what you think of them...?...
A good combi indeed.

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #30,702 of 152,243
I think it's a joke and one should take it like that.

What is not a joke, however, is multinational cigarette companies with revenues exceeding 3rd world countries threatening those countries in court with threats of trade sanctions when the countries attempt to regulate the import and sale of American cigarettes in their own country. Our government allows our cigarette companies to do this. Cigarettes kill far more people than all illegal drugs, combined.

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #30,703 of 152,243
100% agree with these comments. I own a Valhalla 2 specifically because it's OTL and would pay more for it if I ever needed to replace it. Similarly for the Asgard; I will eventually needs a new SS amp and am looking at the Asgard 2 because it is Class A
Good gravy. That’s all by the side of your cot (with the red & white knit cover)?! Where’s the source?

Nice!

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #30,704 of 152,243
Some months back Jason indicated that the Loki Maxi would not be fully balanced all the way through due to cost, but would have balanced ins and outs. Think about something in a Freya-sized chassis with more frequencies and a balance control.
I want one!

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #30,705 of 152,243
141C851B-A2DE-49A4-91B2-CC944047AC18.jpeg
Some funny Schiit

Up in Smoke, eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back