Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 31, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #69,331 of 152,545
Sign me up for a desktop speaker amp as well. My LS50s will move to my desk at some point in the future.

As for Jot 2, it will go back to mothership today and a new one is already on its way here.

Dec 31, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #69,334 of 152,545
Here's an updated copy of the Schiit Spec Comparison:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mSKIl8oojX6qPkJjaMq2lUnQJhdZbF90/view?usp=sharing

If you want to see and compare the old products too, highlight everything, right click, and select "unhide" to make the rows visible.

Although I have to admit that spending some time at ASR has me much less interested in using the specs as a purchasing decision.
I'll take my Bifrost 2 over a Topping any day!

Great work! There are some weird things in how it is configured, including a couple of things that don't make sense:
  • Where products have an upper -3dB frequency of 100kHz, you have it set to "red", which I presume means a poor number. 100 kHz is not a poor number! Below 20 kHz might be!
  • Power output is set in Watts. It should be milliWatts, so that an accurate number is given for devices that have a low power output.
  • Crosstalk is only listed with the best result. Amps such as the Jotunheim 2 have different measurements at 32 Ohms and 600 Ohms.
Otherwise, it's quite fascinating.

Dec 31, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #69,339 of 152,545
I’m thinking of biting the bullet and getting either the Aeon RT or the 2, probably closed. If I plan to use both the Jot 2 and Lyr 3, is it best to get the headphone with the balanced cable and then get a SE adapter? I don’t really want to buy 2 whole cables.

Dec 31, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #69,340 of 152,545
I’m thinking of biting the bullet and getting either the Aeon RT or the 2, probably closed. If I plan to use both the Jot 2 and Lyr 3, is it best to get the headphone with the balanced cable and then get a SE adapter? I don’t really want to buy 2 whole cables.
I got an adapter made by Corpse Cables on ebay for $25.

You would want to be able to lay the adapter flat on the desk in front of the amp as it's rather heavy. If you can't do that easily (say you have mouse pad there) settle for the 1/4" for now, the Jot 2 sounds just great with RT that way.

Dec 31, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #69,343 of 152,545
They are, and I’m digging them a lot! Then again their sound signature is practically tailored around my preference :) Much better with Jot 2 than with Jot OG, though.
I love the Utopias, at this time I only use tube amps built to my specific tastes with a Gungnir in the chain. I do hope to try any new tube amps @Jason Stoddard develops as well as the transport.

Dec 31, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #69,344 of 152,545
Great work! There are some weird things in how it is configured, including a couple of things that don't make sense:
  • Where products have an upper -3dB frequency of 100kHz, you have it set to "red", which I presume means a poor number. 100 kHz is not a poor number! Below 20 kHz might be!
  • Power output is set in Watts. It should be milliWatts, so that an accurate number is given for devices that have a low power output.
  • Crosstalk is only listed with the best result. Amps such as the Jotunheim 2 have different measurements at 32 Ohms and 600 Ohms.
Otherwise, it's quite fascinating.
Thanks! Just to clarify if anyone else is wondering about the same things:
  • All columns are formatted such that the more desirable value is green. That means some decent specs might show as red, but it's only in comparison to other values which are better.
  • Power is in watts to make units consistent, otherwise Rag would be 24,000! Just multiply by 1000 to get mW
  • For product with multiple specs, I tried to pick the ones for 300 ohms in high gain as that is what I use
But the excel file is totally public domain, anyone can feel free to download and modify it to match their setup and headphones!

The formatting is all automatic, just type in new values and the colors will update as you go!

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #69,345 of 152,545
schiit has fed ex international priority and i believe import fees are not charged with that service
Interesting. It's more expensive than FedEx Internantional Economy... Faster service, more money, no importation fees... versus... slower service, less money, import fees. I'm too old to risk grey-market using post boxes in Blaine (WA) or Port Huron (MI)! And walking kit across the border (those agents have NO sense of humour). :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back