Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 6, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #132,271 of 154,468
beautiful blue amp!
Thanks, I waited almost 2 years for Donald North to build it. Left-to-right. Top shelf: Mjolnir 3, DNA Stellaris Special (EML Mesh 5U4G, Sylvania 6BK7B, Takatsuki TA-2A3); middle shelf: Holo May KTE, Ferrum Oor+Hypsos, Hattor Ultimate Passive; bottom shelf: power and digital source gear.

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #132,273 of 154,468
I have a plan for you MJ3 folks that want silver. Send someone $300 plus shipping and have them order a silver one and swap lids with you. Both parties win.
This actually makes a fair amount of sense. Imagine it would be worth the pairing of give/take, not to mention save money.

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #132,274 of 154,468
Dec 7, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #132,275 of 154,468
Cosmetic orders can wait until the rest of us get our MJ3s. 😜

Agree.
When the first run is black and 110V only, one who decided to buy this and placed the order, the deal was finished/fullfilled, nothing wrong at the deal/agreement.

If someone want a silver top as a accessory to change it by DIY, wait for the production and offer at the product page.

I do not think Schiit will take out a silver top from a placed order to fullfill the request, even if a confirmed order, should follow the queue.

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #132,276 of 154,468
Leica once made a “Hello Kitty“ branded camera that was completely pink. There’s a sick part of me that has always wanted one.
I love pink even if I don't own pink stuff besides a few shirts. As a child I had a random dream of this ginormous pink gem, like 12" x 4", emmiting glorious pink light inside a cave. Since then, I've loved all its variations.

If Leicas didn't cost my unborn kid's kidneys, I'd rock that camera so hard if I could, ha-ha. 😆

Dec 7, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #132,277 of 154,468
I'm down for PooPoo Brown!

I'm actually rather tired* of all the ubiquitous black and silver HiFi gear out there. Those thick slabs of milled brushed aluminum front plates like on Pass Labs and so many others is just lazy industrial design, imo. I would welcome color with open arms. Why not smart looking glossy or satin white components? Or this anodized stunner from Japan's Leben HiFi?

IMG_5935.jpeg

*Schiit's industrial design is saved in my eyes by having a minimalist elegance that has the added benefit of being practical to manufacturer - definitely a double win for Schiit and for us!
In my opinion one of the most beautiful integrated amps ever made. I tried to get one but lost patience waiting for it and bought a Prima Luna instead.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #132,279 of 154,468
I am not knowledgeable about Portuguese wines (my loss) but an avid fan of Fonseca port wines and Aguardiente.

Try the PT wines (there is also a vinha.nl :wink:), imho the portuguese wines are underestimated.
Aguardente velha is top! And I like a vinho do oporto with Pão de ló, marvelous combination

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #132,280 of 154,468
I'm down for PooPoo Brown!

I'm actually rather tired* of all the ubiquitous black and silver HiFi gear out there. Those thick slabs of milled brushed aluminum front plates like on Pass Labs and so many others is just lazy industrial design, imo. I would welcome color with open arms. Why not smart looking glossy or satin white components? Or this anodized stunner from Japan's Leben HiFi?

IMG_5935.jpeg

*Schiit's industrial design is saved in my eyes by having a minimalist elegance that has the added benefit of being practical to manufacturer - definitely a double win for Schiit and for us!
On the subject of colorful gear...
120723dartzeel.jpg

dartZEEL!
Apologies, Jason, for posting a pic of someone else's product. Though I doubt many people are cross-shopping Schiit vs. the car-priced Swiss brand.
I do feel for those who can't seem to find the color of Schiit they desire. I remember when black happened only sporadically and apparently by accident. And always the week after I'd bought the product in silver. Some of us recall when Schiit was a small concern that could occasionally do personal touches for customers. Jason's continued presence on this thread, where he graciously interacts with us Schiitheadz, helps us feel connected to "our" brand. But we've made Schiit so successful, so big, (and I'm really glad to have contributed, make no mistake) that it's just not workable for them to vary the routine. So I take what I can get when I can get it, and try to listen rather than look.

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #132,281 of 154,468
120723dartzeel.jpg
dartZEEL!
Apologies, Jason, for posting a pic of someone else's product. Though I doubt many people are cross-shopping Schiit vs. the car-priced Swiss brand.
I do feel for those who can't seem to find the color of Schiit they desire. I remember when black happened only sporadically and apparently by accident. And always the week after I'd bought the product in silver. Some of us recall when Schiit was a small concern that could occasionally do personal touches for customers. Jason's continued presence on this thread, where he graciously interacts with us Schiitheadz, helps us feel connected to "our" brand. But we've made Schiit so successful, so big, (and I'm really glad to have contributed, make no mistake) that it's just not workable for them to vary the routine. So I take what I can get when I can get it, and try to listen rather than look.
darTZeel equipment looks like it was styled by Saddam Hussein's interior decorator... gaudy and ostentatious. I get that it's all personal taste, but I prefer the utilitarian looks of Schiit, Pass, and Nagra equipment depending on budget.

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #132,282 of 154,468
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #132,283 of 154,468
Apologies, Jason, for posting a pic of someone else's product.
To be clear, I don't care if you post pictures of other products, or if you say you like something else. Hell, we invite people to bring other gear to our sponsored Schiitmeets, so they can compare them! But if you're doing something that seems like shilling for an alternate product or design approach, yeah, I'll remind you that this is Jason's Bar, and, if you really like Joe's Pub so much better, best to head over there.
Some of us recall when Schiit was a small concern that could occasionally do personal touches for customers.
We still do. All the time. Hell, 12 hours off the plane in from Texas, in the middle of literally 4 product crises that are 100% my responsibility (first article problems, production issues, bizarre test results, maybe some bad parts,) I had a talk with staff yesterday and made it clear they need to allocate some silver metal for top swaps, and to figure out a procedure for it. I even had to battle red tape at a standards body so we could become a signatory. Seriously, you don't want my yesterday. And I still need to get to the boards for 3 new products that were delivered yesterday, as well as plans and designs for a really exciting future.
Jason's continued presence on this thread, where he graciously interacts with us Schiitheadz, helps us feel connected to "our" brand. But we've made Schiit so successful, so big, (and I'm really glad to have contributed, make no mistake) that it's just not workable for them to vary the routine. So I take what I can get when I can get it, and try to listen rather than look.
We're not too big to help people out when they have issues. And we never will be.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 7, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #132,285 of 154,468
In my opinion one of the most beautiful integrated amps ever made. I tried to get one but lost patience waiting for it and bought a Prima Luna instead.
Yeah, it seems that wait list is pretty lengthy. Ugh, as if traditional painstaking handcrafted attention to detail should take so long. 🙄
[end sarcasm if that wasn't apparent]

That PrimaLuna is a worthy option, too. I seriously love my friend's Evo 300!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back