Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #304 of 2,957
What date did you place your order?
My original order was on December 20ish. But last week I decided to modify my original order and step up from the Asgard (Asgard was also delayed despite what's stated on their website, "In Stock, Ship in 1- 3 days") to the Jotunheim 2. I figured that if I have to wait, might as well get the better one. I have been looking all over the web to get the latest information on Schiit shipping and etc. I am just really excited about getting it!

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #306 of 2,957
My original order was on December 20ish. But last week I decided to modify my original order and step up from the Asgard (Asgard was also delayed despite what's stated on their website, "In Stock, Ship in 1- 3 days") to the Jotunheim 2. I figured that if I have to wait, might as well get the better one. I have been looking all over the web to get the latest information on Schiit shipping and etc. I am just really excited about getting it!
My order was 12/18 for Jot 2 w/ phono but I know on other threads folks who ordered on the 20-22nd and have had them shipped, so maybe it's the phono holding it up? I'd gladly take the non-phono version and upgrade it later.

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #307 of 2,957
I think the phono pre-amp card is a tricky installation. they used to offer the module as "installed by Schiit" or "self-installed" but now it looks like the only order option is "installed by Schiit".

your Jot 2 with phono option might be in a queue for Jason to work on it...

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #309 of 2,957
My order was 12/18 for Jot 2 w/ phono but I know on other threads folks who ordered on the 20-22nd and have had them shipped, so maybe it's the phono holding it up? I'd gladly take the non-phono version and upgrade it later.
I ordered on 12/27 and it was shipped out on 1/8. Mine will be delivered tomorrow. So yeah seems like the phono may be holding it up assuming they ship out orders in the order they receive them.

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #312 of 2,957
Sorry it is taking so long for you to get yours! I ordered mine on 12/18 and received it on 12/27. Thankfully mine is not faulty like some others have been. It is worth the wait and before you know it you will have it. Mine is AMP only and i really do not believe the phono card is holding anything up, it is an easy install. I have installed the multibit card in my Jot OG and it was easy (other than lining up those damned LED'S)!

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #313 of 2,957
Sorry it is taking so long for you to get yours! I ordered mine on 12/18 and received it on 12/27. Thankfully mine is not faulty like some others have been. It is worth the wait and before you know it you will have it. Mine is AMP only and i really do not believe the phono card is holding anything up, it is an easy install. I have installed the multibit card in my Jot OG and it was easy (other than lining up those damned LED'S)!
After multiple attempts to get info on it and seeing others receive theirs, ordering days or a week after I cancelled. Honestly I think I’d rather have a better, peripheral phono and I’ll look back into the Jot once production gets figured out. Save some money in the meantime.

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #314 of 2,957
After multiple attempts to get info on it and seeing others receive theirs, ordering days or a week after I cancelled. Honestly I think I’d rather have a better, peripheral phono and I’ll look back into the Jot once production gets figured out. Save some money in the meantime.
Did you cancel your order? Honestly that's a wise decision if you did. Reading from the post (Schiit update for 1/13/2021?) previously you have given me. It seems like they are super busy which is fine. However, it seems like one guy is doing the assembly for a single device. Which is pretty bad if you are not an expert. Imagine having to do over 100 Jotunheims a day by yourself. where is the supervisors that will be reviewing the assembled product? Somewhere along the line, procedures will be missed. I am actually worried as well about this. And Its not really Schiits' fault or anything but its human nature to make mistakes and mistakes from fatigue and etc. I really dont want to get a product that I paid 400 dollars for and last me a few months then have problems. The reason why I am buying from an American company is for reliability in the first place.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #315 of 2,957
Did you cancel your order? Honestly that's a wise decision if you did. Reading from the post (Schiit update for 1/13/2021?) previously you have given me. It seems like they are super busy which is fine. However, it seems like one guy is doing the assembly for a single device. Which is pretty bad if you are not an expert. Imagine having to do over 100 Jotunheims a day by yourself. where is the supervisors that will be reviewing the assembled product? Somewhere along the line, procedures will be missed. I am actually worried as well about this. And Its not really Schiits' fault or anything but its human nature to make mistakes and mistakes from fatigue and etc. I really dont want to get a product that I paid 400 dollars for and last me a few months then have problems. The reason why I am buying from an American company is for reliability in the first place.
I did yes. I’ll just run Magnius for a while and come back to it later. I had the same concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back