Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Aug 26, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #31 of 6,472
Cool. Was this an agreement with Schiit for you to announce this a day before their big announcement?

It's not on Schiit's website yet, so I'd say it's a day early.  Whoops! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #32 of 6,472
Aug 26, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #35 of 6,472
Weird to see the word 'Jotunheim'. I'm writing a book (urban fantasy) that deals with the Jotnar and Jotunheim a lot. Kinda goofy that they went with the ice giants instead of the typical nordic god stuff.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #36 of 6,472
  Weird to see the word 'Jotunheim'. I'm writing a book (urban fantasy) that deals with the Jotnar and Jotunheim a lot. Kinda goofy that they went with the ice giants instead of the typical nordic god stuff.

I think it's sick that they went with Jotunheim, it's a pretty interesting name too considering its features - it's more of a domain than a God or a weapon. I find the Ice Giants part of Norse Mythology very interesting so I'm loving the name!

PS: Kinda fitting that the frost giants from Jotunheim posed a huge threat to Asgard when they stole the Mjolnir considering this new amplifier is direct competition to those devices!

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #37 of 6,472
Sold.  Just sent in the 15-day window upgrade RMA for my Magni 2U.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #38 of 6,472

I think it's sick that they went with Jotunheim, it's a pretty interesting name too considering its features - it's more of a domain than a God or a weapon. I find the Ice Giants part of Norse Mythology very interesting so I'm loving the name!

PS: Kinda fitting that the frost giants from Jotunheim posed a huge threat to Asgard when they stole the Mjolnir considering this new amplifier is direct competition to those devices!

The way I'm writing it, the jotnar are a persecuted minority, hunted nearly to extinction by brutal and vicious Aesir - a bit like the Native Americans and the Europeans. Loki is in-between, half jotun and half Aesir, mostly crazy. Odin is a power-mad monster.

My main character is a mentally ill (borderline) woman who's been 'transformed' into a jotun (along with her two friends) in an attempt to increase their numbers.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #39 of 6,472
I nearly ordered a black Asgard 2 this week.  I used to have one, and was very much pleased with it, but then I upgraded beyond it.  Now funds are short, so I had planned to get one again.  Glad I didn't though, as this looks promising!  I'll be super pleased if it has even a slightly more refined sound than an Asgard 2.  This should be a good solution for my super sensitive Ocharaku Kaede II IEMs, and give more juice for my HE-560s than an Asgard would.

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #41 of 6,472
The way I'm writing it, the jotnar are a persecuted minority, hunted nearly to extinction by brutal and vicious Aesir - a bit like the Native Americans and the Europeans. Loki is in-between, half jotun and half Aesir, mostly crazy. Odin is a power-mad monster.

My main character is a mentally ill (borderline) woman who's been 'transformed' into a jotun (along with her two friends) in an attempt to increase their numbers.

That sounds interesting actually, it's an interesting view. I'd like to be made aware if you ever come out with that book, I'm sure it'd make for a nice read.

Schiit needs to come up with a really good portable multibit DAC/amp (or just an amp), call it Sleipnir and then make some other device (potentially their future RMAF announcement) and call it Heimdallr who is said to have extremely acute hearing - then they'd have most of my favourite elements of Norse Mythology incorporated into their lineup. They (or someone else) could easily come up with some cool storyline(s) to accompany their products now that their range is so broad.

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #42 of 6,472
  Sold.  Just sent in the 15-day window upgrade RMA for my Magni 2U.

I might be reading this incorrectly, but is there an upgrade scheme at schiit?

Or are you sending in your newly bought Magni 2U as it is within the 15-day money back guarantee and buying the jotunheim?

I also have the Magni 2 uber, so if there is an upgrade scheme, I'd be very keen to send mine in! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #44 of 6,472
I'm confused - it looks like a souped up Magni, but the size of the chassis is more like Bifrost/Asgard. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back