Schiit Lyr/Bifrost uber combo,is it for me?
Jun 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Rewkie

100+ Head-Fier
I made a promise to myself last night to get serious with my audio. I have some M-100s and MG7s,but i've been drooling over the LCD2s for like a year,but those aren't the only cans i will be using on my Lyr. I'll be getting the D7ks,Pro 900s,XB1000s,MAYBE the LCD3s,and other cans with a reputation for bass. So is the Lyr/Bifrost uber the right amp/DAC for my bass addiction? I know it does work with the LCD2s but i'm not sure about the others...

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 9
Oh come on,2 hours and nobody wants to tell me? Ive looked it up three times and theres nothing about the lyr going with the D7k. At least tell me if those pair well...

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 9
You are going to need one with a low and high gain setting. Denons and any ortho are quite the opposite when it comes to amping requirements. Denons require very little power while orthos need large amounts of power to perform their best.

Some amps that come to mind:

Schiit Asgard 2
Burson Soloist or Soloist SL

These aren't necessarily recommendations as I haven't heard them with the Denons nor LCD2, but I have seen people who like them with both.

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I think i will go for the burson HA-160D,it has good rep for being good for both the D7000s and the LCD2s.

Sounds right to me. 
The 160D was a flagship product from burson, and very capable amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back