Schiit Midgard - Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #482 of 614
Asgard can be an all in one unit while Midgard has versatility of Halo and non-halo outputs. Midgard is more uncolored and it doesn’t have its own sound signature while Asgard is warmer and thicker in the upper bass

Jan 8, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #483 of 614
I am in contact with Schiit-Europe and think they will replace the power supply. They are fast and friendly :)
Case solved - I got a new power supply from Schiit-Europe today, and it is totally silent :gs1000smile:
I am a very happy enjoyer of my music now.

Jan 8, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #484 of 614
Excellent to know this! I'm going to stick with this same combo for a while. I was considering returning the Midgard for the newly released Pietus Maximus but I can't afford that price tag at the moment. Perhaps I'll upgrade later if I still have the itch and I've got money to spend.
I keep trying different things with the Midgard to make it sound better. My little tweaks here and there are paying dividends. Let me know if you are interested in my initiatives. :)

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #489 of 614
Absolutely!
well actually it does exist lol its called riverbed gold mining but trust me you wont find it fun :)

i hope you share with us your methods of squeezing more out of the amp.

meanwhile i am playing with dsp's and found the best entry level plugins are: equlizer by FXSound+their propriety DSPs tuned to my hearing, and then EqualizerAPO but no tas an EQ rather as low shelf/high shelf/de-Esser [just a notch filter to the 7khz and 10hkz freqs) and a specific sub-bass [rumble effect] .

pictrures attached, this setting is particularly for my TR-X00 but the EquliazerAPO settings only need to be slightly modified for different earphones.

out of trying all entry level sound processing (im not gonna build a VST suite and set it all up just for an eq, so pro level vst plugins are out of the scope of my experiments) this produced the LEAST "proccessed/overly-digital " sound and all the good stuff that eq and dsp can do for you

now i just hope i wont get crucified, being josh and all... it wasnt pleasent previous time :frowning2:

Attachments

• eqapoz.png
    eqapoz.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 0
  • fxsounds.png
    fxsounds.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #490 of 614
well actually it does exist lol its called riverbed gold mining but trust me you wont find it fun :)

meanwhile i am playing with dsp's and found the best entry level plugins are: equlizer by FXSound+their propriety DSPs tuned to my hearing, and then EqualizerAPO but no tas an EQ rather as low shelf/high shelf/de-Esser [just a notch filter to the 7khz and 10hkz freqs) and a specific sub-bass [rumble effect] .

pictrures attached, this setting is particularly for my TR-X00 but the EquliazerAPO settings only need to be slightly modified for different earphones.

out of trying all entry level sound processing (im not gonna build a VST suite and set it all up just for an eq, so pro level vst plugins are out of the scope of my experiments) this produced the LEAST "proccessed/overly-digital " sound and all the good stuff that eq and dsp can do for you
I will take a closer look later when I have more time. Tks for this and I’ll follow up with comments.

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #491 of 614
I will take a closer look later when I have more time. Tks for this and I’ll follow up with comments.
id be really interested to hear your experiments and how to apply them, and also im curious if you'd replicate my EqulizerAPO settings if you'd like them, they're really a catch-em-all settings that anyone should enjoy... just tune the dB to your liking, the freqs i set up are pretty good baseline eq

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #492 of 614
so i got this method of producing pure gold out of dirt, are you whatsoever intersted? :D
Alchemy! Time to learn to draw the transmutation circle. :joy:

I will transmute 2 Midgards into 1 MJ3!

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #493 of 614

Looking forward to the end result. But first I'll go watch an oldie but a goodie: The Fly!

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #495 of 614

now i just hope i wont get crucified, being josh and all... it wasnt pleasent previous time :frowning2:
@Jo-JS ok.
I've dialled in, as close as I could, the EQ settings on my RME ADI-2 DAC FS (Crossfeed set to 1; NOS filter). I could also use Audirvana if it was a permanent setting. More to come.
My headphones are Neumann NDH-30 and the HeadAmp is the Midgard.

Straight up: I like the sound. I'
OH GOD that movie gave me a nightmare as a child. Though I don't know why my parents was letting me watch it as a child LOL.
I was on a first date that night. The woman I was dating stuck around for about 2 months...but she said my taste in movies was...a bit strange at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back