Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Jul 9, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #4,906 of 6,973
You really need to lay off of the glue sniffing and aerosol can huffing, Bill. :rolling_eyes:

Jul 9, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #4,907 of 6,973
Jul 9, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #4,909 of 6,973
Very excessive bro! 50% max budget vs amp cost. I got a pair of 1955 Heerlen ECC82 and that is in a $700 amp. Not excessive IMHO. 🙂
LOL! Well, not many options here to listen to the Footscray. It doesn't get along with the Incubus and the Darkvoice is in pieces waiting on motivation to put it back together. I have an Aune T1 in the closet, but I doubt even the Footscray can help that. So the Vali gets the honors, and I will say the Footscray sounds marvelous in it!

Now if you go spoutin' logic at me, I'll have to kindly remind you this is audio. :laughing:

@Ripper2860 : be interested to know if yours play in the Incubus once you get them.

Jul 9, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #4,910 of 6,973
LOL! Well, not many options here to listen to the Footscray. It doesn't get along with the Incubus and the Darkvoice is in pieces waiting on motivation to put it back together. I have an Aune T1 in the closet, but I doubt even the Footscray can help that. So the Vali gets the honors, and I will say the Footscray sounds marvelous in it!

Now if you go spoutin' logic at me, I'll have to kindly remind you this is audio. :laughing:

@Ripper2860 : be interested to know if yours play in the Incubus once you get them.
Was really surprised by the CV4033 myself. The next step is apparently the Footscray CV455 square getter, just bought a pair yesterday. About $62 a tube.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12AT7-CV45...a-395d-4a9d-8e50-9e0f9c8c75bf&redirect=mobile

Jul 9, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #4,912 of 6,973
I'm on my 4th pair of holy grails myself in the last 6 weeks myself. Think 6 for the year so far.

Good grief. The holy grail is a singular entity. :thinking:

I think I'm just gonna sit back and watch for the next six months. Stocking up on popcorn now. Perhaps by then you guys will land on something like the 1949 horseshoe getter that will be the unanimously hailed single and most holiest of grails. Then I'll buy some (more).
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The REAL reason Schiit had to kill the Mjolnir 2 is becoming obvious.

Purchasers became obsessed with finding and purchasing Holy Grail Toobs, and had no time or money for any subsequent Schiit purchases.

Sell an MJ2 to someone who loves it, and (perversely) lose a customer for life.

The 2023 Limited Edition Mjolnir Legacy Revival Model ... you heard it here first ... will come with an automatic subscription to purchase the v1 of all subsequent Schiit products for the next five years, as a cure for this problem. (Opt-out will be available, but the toob-obsessed with be so pre-occupied that they will miss the deadlines.)

Jul 9, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #4,914 of 6,973
Agreed! I'm seriously not into two cats fighting on top of my head 😂
"two cats fighting on top of my head" I have never heard that before, but I love it and it really paints a picture!

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #4,919 of 6,973
Triple Mica Pinched Waist D-getter. TMPWDG.
Oh. Whew. I thought it meant This Matched Pair Was Dead, G'd it. :laughing:

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #4,920 of 6,973
The CV455 and 6201 are in the same league and actually sound damn near the same. I think I hear a bit more micro detail and nuance with the CV455, but the vocals are a bit more articulate with the 6201, other than that they are neck and neck. The stage presentations are very similar as well. This is awesome, as the 6201 is priced crazy high and super hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back