Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Jan 1, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #976 of 3,012
Well, I just pulled the trigger on an MJ3. I'm really loving how my Rag 2 plays complex orchestral music through my HEKS so I decided to take a chance on the MJ3. I have no idea how long the wait time will be however, going by all of the positive comments so far, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
I’ll be following suit on a MJ3 soon myself. I’m very interested in this amp.

Jan 1, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #977 of 3,012
Well, I just pulled the trigger on an MJ3. I'm really loving how my Rag 2 plays complex orchestral music through my HEKS so I decided to take a chance on the MJ3. I have no idea how long the wait time will be however, going by all of the positive comments so far, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Their website says estimated shipping is 15 Jan.

I'm waiting on mine, too.

:beerchug:
JC

Jan 1, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #979 of 3,012
I’ll be following suit on a MJ3 soon myself. I’m very interested in this amp

I’ll be following suit on a MJ3 soon myself. I’m very interested in this amp.
I've had the following amplifiers driving my HEKS and briefly my Susvara:

Holo Bliss KTE, Benchmark HPA4, Benchmark AHB2, Burson 3Xp, Luxman p-750u, Pass HPA-1, Headamp GS-X MK2 and Mini..

That being said, the Rag 2 handles complex orchestral music better than any of them. Not just that, but it handles all other genres of music with so much authority and an iron-fisted grip on the music that really makes the HEKS shine.
It is slightly brighter than some of the other headphone amps but I would rather have the accuracy and the detail to be able to have this separation of instruments and musicians I'm getting across my soundstage. I simply cannot believe how good this damn thing sounds. I'm hoping the MJ3 will give me more of this great thing.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #980 of 3,012
The Schiit Magni Unity and Jot 2 already gives good separation and accuracy. Strangely I’m using all of them. Unity for the office and Jot 2 for home.

For me the Mjolnir 3 is good for power to drive the Tungsten and any difficult planar headphones. I believe Schiit has a warning about using Mjolnir 3 for IEMs so I’ll be keeping the Jot 2.

Jan 1, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #981 of 3,012

Holo Bliss KTE, Benchmark HPA4, Benchmark AHB2, Burson 3Xp, Luxman p-750u, Pass HPA-1, Headamp GS-X MK2 and Mini..

That being said, the Rag 2 handles complex orchestral music better than any of them. Not just that, but it handles all other genres of music with so much authority and an iron-fisted grip on the music that really makes the HEKS shine.
It is slightly brighter than some of the other headphone amps but I would rather have the accuracy and the detail to be able to have this separation of instruments and musicians I'm getting across my soundstage. I simply cannot believe how good this damn thing sounds. I'm hoping the MJ3 will give me more of this great thing.
Those are definitely some high class amps. From what I've been reading about the MJ3, it should more than hold its own against them.

Jan 1, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #982 of 3,012
Likewise

Jan 1, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #983 of 3,012

I would be very interested in your comparisons with the MJ3 and your list of previous amps mentioned. Keep us posted.

Jan 2, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #985 of 3,012
Yesterday I received the HE1000se in the mail and listened to them all day, wonderful headphones and excellent sound. I listened to a lot of different reviews before deciding to buy them, and they sound just like I imagined. HE1000se with BURSON Soloist 3XP sounds very good, especially when BURSON runs and warms up well, but I want to try MJ3 because I’ve been following it for a long time and you once again convinced me that I need to do it. Thank you for sharing your opinion and experience.
Did you I have got same system as yours plus bifrost 2og. Did you try mj3? Is it that better than soloist 3xp?

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #986 of 3,012
Did you I have got same system as yours plus bifrost 2og. Did you try mj3? Is it that better than soloist 3xp?
I haven't ordered the MJ3 yet, so I myself don't know yet whether the Soloist 3XP is better than the MJ3 or not better.
I also have a bifrost 2/64 and love it, especially with a tube preamp, transistor power amp and floorstanding speakers. I like the sound of bifrost 2/64 in NOS mode, so I decided to buy MJ3 over time.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #988 of 3,012
My HE1000stealth must have been broken before but somehow my MJ3 fixed them. Reddit told me that the amp dosent matter so thats the only answer there is to why my headphones SOUND SO FREAKING GOOD NOW!
Damn, this sounds convincing and very tempting to order MJ3.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #989 of 3,012
Damn, this sounds convincing and very tempting to order MJ3.
Unless you want tube sound I dont think there is much that can compete with MJ3 below or around 2000€. Sadly I lack the experience to say that with serious confidence.

Does anyone know how well the MJ3 drives the Modhouse Tungsten? I heard that in a few days there will be a new batch available and I am seriously interested ..

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #990 of 3,012
Unless you want tube sound I dont think there is much that can compete with MJ3 below or around 2000€. Sadly I lack the experience to say that with serious confidence.

Does anyone know how well the MJ3 drives the Modhouse Tungsten? I heard that in a few days there will be a new batch available and I am seriously interested ..
I feel like, given my experience, there's not much around £3000 that rivals it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back