Schiit Mjolnir Vs Little Dot MK6 VI+
Feb 11, 2015 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mr Rick

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm investigating moving up to balanced cables on some of my cans and as the egg must come before the chicken I am also trying to find an amp in the $1000.00 range to accommodate balanced outputs. I'll admit to being a Schiit 'fanboy' but I really like the fact that the Little Dot has balanced and unbalanced outputs. Not to mention it is tube based and is just one pretty lady in my eyes.

So which would you choose?  Or, do you have another favorite with balanced outputs??

Thanks,

Feb 12, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #2 of 2
Tried the Mjolnir for a week with LCD2r2 a few months ago. I used it with single ended inputs, so it may not have been the best scenario, but I'm now using my VI+ in the same configuration: single end in, balanced out. Compared to the VI+, the Mjolnir had more upper mid range spotlight and slightly more top end sparkle, but for me, bass weight, impact, naturalness of tone and soundstage are superior on the VI+. I'd recommend the upgraded VI+ if you decide on one.

VI+ doesnt have a fat bassy sound like say the V200, it's a bit thinner and more neutral sounding, but mjolnir sounds too thin for me, quite an anemic bass (with my odac, asus essence st dac & naim player). Was a bit hard on the ears sometimes, because it felt like mostly mid range and treble presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back